Lost Rainbow Pearl Skin

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Lost Rainbow Pearl Skin

Post by viking33 »

Suddenly, I can't display the Lounge in my settings for Rainbow Pearl.
It shows in what appears to be a default skin.
I can change the display to any of the other skins using the temp setting in Portal, EXCEPT RP?
I have deleted my lounge cookies, logged out and relogged in but still with the Plain minimal display.
???
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Lost Rainbow Pearl Skin

Post by HansV »

There doesn't appear to be a problem with the skin itself - I can switch to it in both Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.6.8.

Have you tried a forced reload (Ctrl+F5 or hold down Ctrl while clicking the Reload button)?
Have you tried clearing the browser cache?
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:There doesn't appear to be a problem with the skin itself - I can switch to it in both Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.6.8.

Have you tried a forced reload (Ctrl+F5 or hold down Ctrl while clicking the Reload button)?
Yes, just tried that again ( reload and clear cache ) logged out and back in , but no luck.
I'm going to reboot again but this time try my XP partition.
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:
HansV wrote:There doesn't appear to be a problem with the skin itself - I can switch to it in both Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.6.8.

Yes, just tried that again ( reload and clear cache ) logged out and back in , but no luck.
I'm in XP now and I'm not being logged in automatically BUT I can manually log in and it comes up with the RP skin OK. I DID check the remember me box when logging in but still no auto log in.
So, it's half right in XP but totally unable to get in RP from Win 7.
Strange.
I THINK this may have started when I upgraded to the latest Mozilla version 3.63?

Note: As I typed this I seem to have lost the Google Toolbar also.
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:
viking33 wrote:

I'm in XP now and I'm not being logged in automatically BUT I can manually log in and it comes up with the RP skin OK. I DID check the remember me box when logging in but still no auto log in.
So, it's half right in XP but totally unable to get in RP from Win 7.
Strange.
I THINK this may have started when I upgraded to the latest Mozilla version 3.63?

Note: As I typed this I seem to have lost the Google Toolbar also.
This is getting stranger by the minute.
I'm back in Win7 now. Still no RP but the display almost looks like a PARTIAL RP
Judging by the snippet the option blocks seem to have the proper color. See
Attachment.
Capture.PNG
BOB

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

I have FF 3.6.7 and I can change to RP but boy do I not like it. I am on my way back to my favorite and much easier to read subsilver 2. Good luck figuring out what has happened on your end? Maybe you need to get rid of some add-ons or something?
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

Maybe I should add that I am on my iMAC....perhaps I should turn on my XP Box to make a better comparison..:yep:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Skitterbug wrote:I have FF 3.6.7 and I can change to RP but boy do I not like it. I am on my way back to my favorite and much easier to read subsilver 2. Good luck figuring out what has happened on your end? Maybe you need to get rid of some add-ons or something?
I gave the wrong firefox version in that other post. It's 3.6.8. It may have started with this version?
Maybe I can see a way to revert back to the prior version. Not quite sure how or IF I can revert it without uninstalling it?
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:
Skitterbug wrote:I have FF 3.6.7 and I can change to RP but boy do I not like it. I am on my way back to my favorite and much easier to read subsilver 2. Good luck figuring out what has happened on your end? Maybe you need to get rid of some add-ons or something?
I gave the wrong firefox version in that other post. It's 3.6.8. It may have started with this version?
Maybe I can see a way to revert back to the prior version. Not quite sure how or IF I can revert it without uninstalling it?
Looks like SOMETHING with Mozilla. I went into the Error Console and this is PART of the messages I saw.
mozilla.PNG
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:
By George, I think I have it!!!
Mozilla>Tools> Options. The block was unchecked to allow the over ride of system colors. How and Why it got that way? Who Knows?
Colors.PNG
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Yep, working fine. Thought I was losing it for a while there! :clapping: :scratch:
BOB

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Glad you found it! Perhaps a bit fell over when you upgraded? I assume you didn't clear that check box intentionally...
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:Glad you found it! Perhaps a bit fell over when you upgraded? I assume you didn't clear that check box intentionally...
Absolutely right! i don't even remember ever going into that particular tab.
I would think it was something that the upgrade did, since both XP and Win 7 were affected and I had just started using the new version with both OS's.
BOB

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

viking33 wrote:
HansV wrote:Glad you found it! Perhaps a bit fell over when you upgraded? I assume you didn't clear that check box intentionally...
Absolutely right! i don't even remember ever going into that particular tab.
I would think it was something that the upgrade did, since both XP and Win 7 were affected and I had just started using the new version with both OS's.
I've never messed with the settings in FF. After reading your post about the "use system colors" box being unchecked, I decided to look at my copy of FF on the XP box. It too was unchecked but I didn't have a problem pulling up your crazy Rainbow Pearl Skin in all its glory! So go figure! Just thought I'd add to your mystery! :grin:

BTW, because you think it works better being checked, that's what I have done now. :smile: Plus the fact that I've changed back to my subsilver 2 skin. :yep:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Skitterbug wrote:
viking33 wrote:
crazy Rainbow Pearl Skin in all its glory! So go figure! Just thought I'd add to your mystery! :grin:

BTW, because you think it works better being checked, that's what I have done now. :smile: Plus the fact that I've changed back to my subsilver 2 skin. :yep:
Thanks for the additional mystery, Skitterbug. :thankyou:
It not only works BETTER....it just plain works now!
I looked at subsilver2 again and it's just so bland looking!
I like some color when reading threads and posts. Probably why I use screen wall paper instead of the default MS blue. Happy as a clam now with RP
shining forth! :laugh:
BOB