Private Messages

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Private Messages

Post by Gloria E »

I now have 50 PM messages stored, taking up 10% of the folder. Can they be removed and if so, how? Or, perhaps they're removed automatically.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Private Messages

Post by HansV »

Go to your Private Messages.
Click 'Rules, folders and settings'.
You can create a new folder here for messages that you'd like to keep.
You can specify what happens when a folder is full:
x196.png
As you can see, the oldest messages can be removed automatically, or moved to a custom folder, or PMs can be blocked until you delete some of them; the latter option is the default.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Gloria E wrote:I now have 50 PM messages stored, taking up 10% of the folder. Can they be removed and if so, how? Or, perhaps they're removed automatically.
Please follow Hans' directions, but I thought 50 was the maximum. Did you mean 100% rather than 10% ?

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Go to your Private Messages.
x196.png
As you can see, the oldest messages can be removed automatically, or moved to a custom folder, or PMs can be blocked until you delete some of them; the latter option is the default.
If I understand you correctly, you mean that each message can't be deleted one at a time, only once the mailbox is full. Am I reading you right?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can delete any message at any time by ticking the check box next to it, selecting 'Delete Marked' from the dropdown box below the check boxes and clicking Go.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:You can delete any message at any time by ticking the check box next to it, selecting 'Delete Marked' from the dropdown box below the check boxes and clicking Go.
Thanks Hans, for the clarification . I'll do that the next time I'm in there.

Update: all PM has been deleted.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Go to your Private Messages.
x196.png
It was set to Delete Oldest Messages and I left it that way. :smile:

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria E wrote:It was set to Delete Oldest Messages and I left it that way. :smile:
OK, that's fine.
Best wishes,
Hans