I love the way ...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: I love the way ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Gloria E wrote:Just where will I find the email notifications? I thought I'd been all over this board, I must have missed it.
Gloria, you are asking the wrong guy :shrug: .
I clicked something on Sunday evening and have spent the past 48 hours trying to suppress the thousands (OK, a couple of dozen a day) emails that waft across my screen.
I *think* I originally clicked on something that said "Subscribe to the Forum" or "subscribe to this Topic", or possibly both. Might even have been "Subscribe to The Readers Digest".
I can't find it now.
My goal, before I turn 65, is to find out how to get a single email each day per forum with a Daily Digest of all new posts in that forum.
(signed) "Hopelessly Mired" of Toronto.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

ChrisGreaves wrote:My goal, before I turn 65....
What? You're not 65 yet? :evilgrin:
Samantha

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Yes, indeed. I meant Chris but was thinking about HoJo's black cherry ice cream and my mind wandered and CRS kicked in :bummer: Does this mean I get 50 lashes with a wet noodle?????? I will correct it.....
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Hey Jude wrote:Does this mean I get 50 lashes with a wet noodle??????
It depends on how many we have left. We have a self-imposed limit of 50 lashes a day we can make.... :grin:
Leif

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
Gloria E wrote:Just where will I find the email notifications? I thought I'd been all over this board, I must have missed it.
Gloria, you are asking the wrong guy :shrug: .
I clicked something on Sunday evening and have spent the past 48 hours trying to suppress the thousands (OK, a couple of dozen a day) emails that waft across my screen.
I *think* I originally clicked on something that said "Subscribe to the Forum" or "subscribe to this Topic", or possibly both. Might even have been "Subscribe to The Readers Digest".
I can't find it now.
My goal, before I turn 65, is to find out how to get a single email each day per forum with a Daily Digest of all new posts in that forum.
(signed) "Hopelessly Mired" of Toronto.
Chris, go to the User Control Panel and Click Manage Subscriptions. You can check and unwatch all/some of the posts/boards.
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Leif wrote:
Hey Jude wrote:Does this mean I get 50 lashes with a wet noodle??????
It depends on how many we have left. We have a self-imposed limit of 50 lashes a day we can make.... :grin:
Maybe I can bribe ya with some :coffeetime: and :chocciebar: :rofl:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Several things have already been mentioned; for example Samantha mentioned "the subject once again appears at the top of each post"; that is very good! If you jump between threads with similar topics/discussions, as can be the case these early days in the Lounge. :smile: I stumbled on what Leif mentioned about PMs, also very good!

As before; Preview and Submit are only a TAB or two away, but more important, they are under the edit box, before post options and attachments.

I've found that if you start with one quote from one post, but would like to add another quote from another post you can use the "Topic review" area (below the "Post a reply" box) and just click quote on the post, then perhaps rearrange the quotes. Nice.

Most of the above is of course related to the software; what I love with the Lounge? Seeing all you here and that Stuart fixed :chocciebar: :coffeetime: :laugh:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

mwolfman wrote:Chris, go to the User Control Panel and Click Manage Subscriptions. You can check and unwatch all/some of the posts/boards.
Wolfman, thanks. This is most likely what I did on Sunday, but I was, perhaps, euphoric and just clicked everything I saw.
I have re-essayed by clicking "Subscribe Topic" at the foot of the screen, and will see if life becomes a little more manageable.

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
mwolfman wrote:Chris, go to the User Control Panel and Click Manage Subscriptions. You can check and unwatch all/some of the posts/boards.
Wolfman, thanks. This is most likely what I did on Sunday, but I was, perhaps, euphoric and just clicked everything I saw.
I have re-essayed by clicking "Subscribe Topic" at the foot of the screen, and will see if life becomes a little more manageable.

No problem, we're still learning and growing...
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Gloria, try This post

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Argus wrote:Most of the above is of course related to the software; what I love with the Lounge? Seeing all you here and that Stuart fixed :chocciebar: :coffeetime: :laugh:
I'll second that! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Samantha

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Hey Jude wrote:... and CRS kicked in
Canada Remote Systems? Say "Hi" to Jud Newell for me, OK? It's been a while .....
I helped them relocate from Dundas/Royal York to Mississauga.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

mwolfman wrote:No problem, we're still learning and growing...
Not me. I'm approaching 65 :laugh:

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
mwolfman wrote:No problem,we're still learning and growing...
Not me. I'm approaching 65 :laugh:
Yes, the stage where we're shrinking* and forgetting stuff (and sometimes trying to forget stuff). :gramps:

(* excepting possibly the prostate)
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Goshute wrote:... excepting possibly the prostate ...
You're a mean man, John! I'm almost 73...

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

.... how so many of you have found and joined as and are actively participating :thankyou:
Cheers, Claude.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Claude wrote:.... how so many of you have found and joined as and are actively participating
Don't get a swelled head. Consider the alternatives (G&DR!)

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I'm not sure yet whether this is a nice feature of this software or an annoyance. I think (so far) it's nice but a little disconcerting when you're making a post.

If you're composing a post and (unknown to you) someone else adds a new post to the thread, when you hit the Preview button you may see this screen to tip you off that someone has made a new post while you were composing:
2010-01-26_160330.png
You can of course, view the post that's been made to see if there is a conflict and then, if appropriate, continue with your preview and/or post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I find this a very useful feature - I can either cancel my reply, or edit it, or post it unchanged, depending on the circumstances.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

.. In the area for managing attachments one can click on the original file name just uploaded ("2.JPG") and see the image.

All too often I u/l a graphic file, and then worry about whether it's the correct one after all. This board software lets me inspect it immediately after the u/l and before the Submission.