I love the way ...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

I love the way ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I love the way I can compose a message AND see the "Preview" and "Submit" buttons on the same screen without having to scroll.

P.S. I love, too, the way the Preview and Submit are bolded, guiding me to the most common avenues.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: I love the way ...

Post by Argus »

And, if I may add, how the Preview includes recent replies to the thread, if any have been made during time of writing. Nice. :smile:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

AlanMiller1
NewLounger

Post by AlanMiller1 »

And I :love: the way you can easily use inline uploaded images along with attached ones.
And I :love:² the way e-mail post notifications can take you to the actual reply that spawned them, not just the begining of the thread.
And... I'll think up some more...

Alan

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

... it offers a slew of useful options on the email notifications.
yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:
If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I love the way the board aligns itself to the top of my viewing area after I click "Preview", offering my eyes/brain the maximum amount of information in context.
(I hate having to scroll)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I love the way that "Preview" displays my graphic attachment.
From (fading) memory some board software doesn't do that, so I didn't get to see my message in final form until after I "Submit".

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

...and the way you don't get an error message when you reach the end of unread threads in a board, just a simple, "there are no new threads" message, how logical is that?

rory
5StarLounger

Post by rory »

...this place exists!
...the first thing you see is the witch avatar and then Eileen's name...
...it already feels like the old Lounge (and the old, old one and the one before that) even though it looks different.
Regards,
Rory

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

.... and if you click on the PM link within a post, the PM includes the post within a quote...
x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The Who is online page refreshes itself every minute.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

HansV wrote:The Who is online page refreshes itself every minute.
That's a nice feature that you might remember I didn't like about IPB's software, where you had to hit the refresh key even on first entering the link for Who's Online.

I did a little test with two Fx windows, less than fullscreen so I could watch the Who's Online screen over in a corner, while I went elsewhere in the forums in the other window. It's interesting to note that I could see the Who's Online data refreshing, accurately by the way except for ME. It left me in that window as viewing the Online screen and didn't refresh my location in the other window. I don't know why, but it IS a nice feature.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I guess that's inevitable - your browser refreshes the Who is online page, so that is briefly your "active" page.
Best wishes,
Hans

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

There are so many things I love about Eileen's lounge, but the one that I find myself appreciating more and more is the fact that the subject once again appears at the top of each post. I get interrupted too often to be able to remember where I left off, and not having to scroll to the top of the page to remind myself of the topic at hand is a great boon. :thankyou:
Samantha

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

And you can also edit the subject when you're posting a reply, as in Woody's Lounge of old.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

HansV wrote:I guess that's inevitable - your browser refreshes the Who is online page, so that is briefly your "active" page.
Hmmm, that's why you're a master of logic and I'm a lowly bean counter! Thanks again, Hans, it makes perfect sense NOW!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

ChrisGreaves wrote:... it offers a slew of useful options on the email notifications.
yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-yippe-de-doo-dah-

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:
If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:
Hi Chris,
Just where will I find the email notifications? I thought I'd been all over this board, I must have missed it. :scratch:

Thanks,
Gloria G
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

ChrisGreaves wrote:I love the way the board aligns itself to the top of my viewing area after I click "Preview", offering my eyes/brain the maximum amount of information in context.
Which style is shown in your attachment? Mine is set to Prosilver but I'd really like to use the ones that's shown.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria E wrote:Just where will I find the email notifications? I thought I'd been all over this board, I must have missed it. :scratch:
You can turn on notifications of replies to your posts as follows:
  • Click on User Control Panel near the top of the Lounge window.
  • Click on Board preferences.
  • Click on Edit posting defaults.
  • Set Notify me upon replies by default to Yes.
  • Click Submit
If you want notifications for a specific topic/thread: click on 'Subscribe topic' at the bottom of the thread.
If you want notifications for a specific forum, click on 'Subscribe forum' at the bottom of the forum.
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Gloria E wrote:
ChrisGreaves wrote:I love the way the board aligns itself to the top of my viewing area after I click "Preview", offering my eyes/brain the maximum amount of information in context.
Which style is shown in your attachment? Mine is set to Prosilver but I'd really like to use the ones that's shown.

Gloria E
Thanks ChrisGreaves for this thread and GloriaE for posting this ??? I've learned a ton reading it. I also wish to inform you that I've walked my legs off in the Cherry Hill Mall/Burlington :flee: My granny lived in Mt. Holly off Exit 5 of the NJT which used to have a great HoJo's there for wonderful ice cream...
Last edited by Hey Jude on 26 Jan 2010, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Hey Jude wrote:Thanks GloriaE for this thread.
:whisper: I think it was Chris who started it... :smile:
Leif