"Post Reply" button misnamed, and so on

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

"Post Reply" button misnamed, and so on

Post by John Gray »

About time we had a Partially Pedantic Post! Otherwise I am drawing my salary for nothing...
  • The "Post Reply" button should really be called "Compose Reply", and, by extension, the "Submit" button should really be "Post" (or even "Post Reply").
  • It also took me some time to find where Save had hidden a draft reply (I didn't really want to save it, but there you are...).
  • As one of the Tips, I think there should be mention of how to turn off the email you get each time someone has replied to one of one's posts - a curious default setting, perhaps?
  • I'm not sure whether, on one's next visit to a thread, one could be be located at the "newest post that one hadn't previously read". Has this question already been answered, and is it possible?
(We'll soon have this board licked into shape!)

Pedans pedantis
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Re: "Post Reply" button misnamed, and so on

Post by HansV »

It'd be nice to change the button captions, but I have no idea if and when we'll get round to doing that.

About your last point, see http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic. ... t=158#p735
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

HansV wrote:It'd be nice to change the button captions, but I have no idea if and when we'll get round to doing that.
About your last point, see http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic. ... t=158#p735
Thanks, Hans - I'll look forward to the change being done by about Wednesday, then! :cheers:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

John Gray wrote:Thanks, Hans - I'll look forward to the change being done by about Wednesday, then! :cheers:
Don't count on it! :scold:
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Just scanning through some "old" posts...and came across this "piece of humour"...
HansV wrote:
John Gray wrote:Thanks, Hans - I'll look forward to the change being done by about Wednesday, then! :cheers:
Don't count on it! :scold:
:rofl: John, you said about Wednesday then...
Well it looks like Hans has "literally" taken that as Wednesday in the year 2020 :question: So let me "POSTREPLY" :wink:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Everyone should be used to the current buttons by now. I don't think we will change them.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

HansV wrote:Everyone should be used to the current buttons by now. I don't think we will change them.
Cheers Hans...I did not pull this thread from the archives for that reason...I was just very tickled by the humour of it all. It is typical of the humour we had in WOPR, and I am so glad to see that it migrated here...
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.