Layout of portal modified

HansV
Administrator

Layout of portal modified

Post by HansV »

After a bit of testing, we've changed the layout of the Portal page.

The Recent popular topics/Recent topics block has been removed.

Instead, there's now a "Latest News" block below the Global Announcements.
This block displays the six threads with the most recent posts. On the right hand side, next to the name of the most recent poster, you'll find the familiar icon to go to the first unread post or to the latest post if you've already read all posts in that thread.
At the bottom of the "Latest News" block, you'll find navigation buttons to jump to other pages.

We hope that this change, together with the addition of a link to "View nanswered questions" in the User Menu, makes the Portal even more useful.
Best wishes,
Hans

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Re: Layout of portal modified

Post by Skitterbug »

:hello: Hans
What a nifty revamp of an area of the Portal page! I like it lots! Thank you very much to the hardworking behind the scenes "site-construction" workers! :clapping:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

HansV wrote:After a bit of testing, we've changed the layout of the Portal page.
Skitterbug beat me to it, but let me be the second to thank the admins for the changes to the Portal, esp. the addition of the "unanswered posts" in the menu. The portal page now seems to focus on allowing loungers to provide the fastest way to access those important threads that have need for help or are in the process of getting assistance.
Thankyou guys for your keen efforts to hear us out. :thumbup: :cheers: and of course a :chocciebar:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

:thankyou: This is BRILLIANT..... Thankyou very much! :clapping: Now it's a one stop shop for hangin' out in the lounge.

:whisper: Now if I could just drag the 'Board Style' down or accross, I'd be truly happy. (I have to scroll down to get to 'board index' or 'search' :sad:
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Perhaps we could add a bookmark tag to the Menu section so you could jump straight to it.....
Leif

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

Great idea Leif. A copy of the 'Jump to' box at the top of the screen would be good.

I've moved my chair into the portal now, just waiting for my beer to be delivered. :smile:
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

VegasNath wrote:I have to scroll down to get to 'board index' or 'search'
Make your browser window larger, or get a bigger monitor, or try a different board style (skin)... :evilgrin:
Best wishes,
Hans