Loading The Lounge Index

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Loading The Lounge Index

Post by Bigaldoc »

I see I'm the only one here so it may be moot to ask this question. All of a sudden, I can't get the Index page to "finish" loading and I see this in the Firefox bottom-left status bar:
2010-03-29_085819.png
I can go directly to the Portal or Who's Online screens but not the Index without the continuous throbber and the above status bar. Funny thing is, I'm making this post while the throbber is throbbing and the status bar message is present. This has never happened before and there don't seem to be any bots around.

Any ideas?

Edited to add: Here's what you see if you go to the above URL: Google Analytics | Official Website
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Loading The Lounge Index

Post by HansV »

Mike Wolfman uses Google Analytics to provide some statistics about Lounge usage.

I don't have problems loading the Board Index in Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox 3.6.2 (I have allowed google-analytics.com in NoScript in Firefox).
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

HansV wrote:Mike Wolfman uses Google Analytics to provide some statistics about Lounge usage.

I don't have problems loading the Board Index in Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox 3.6.2 (I have allowed google-analytics.com in NoScript in Firefox).
I tried NoScript and don't like it! This just started this morning and is NOT preventing me from doing anything here, so I wondered what STARTED it. As I'm typing this post, here's what I see at the bottom of my Fx 3.5.8 screen and as I said, it just started this morning:

Bottom left:
2010-03-29_100938.png
Bottom right:
2010-03-29_100952.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have no idea what would cause this. When I load the index, I see "Transferring data from http://www.eileenslounge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" very briefly, but it vanishes within a second. Perhaps there's a problem with your internet connection?
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

HansV wrote:I have no idea what would cause this. When I load the index, I see "Transferring data from http://www.eileenslounge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" very briefly, but it vanishes within a second. Perhaps there's a problem with your internet connection?
Could be I guess, but if that's the case this is the only site it's happening to and I've been all over the web this morning doing my usual daily news and sports browsing.

Since you said what you did about Mike's use, I first thought mebbe GA is "gathering" Lounge stats for Mike's benefit but you'd think it would be finished by now. Oh well, as long as I can keep going, I'm gonna try not to look at the bottom line of my screen...

:flee:      :innocent:     :hairout:

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I hate for this to be another thread like the unwanted logout saga, but there has got to be something going on with this site! When I posted the previous post, I got this usual screen and it's STILL SITTING THERE, throbbing away! I opened another Fx tab to see if the message got posted and it did:
2010-03-29_105408.png
That screen is still sitting there in a tab whereas it usually passes you back to the thread, and while composing (just now) I went over to that tab and pressed F5 which would be a bummer because the post is already made. I get a warning message about "...resending..." and I don't need that so I canceled it.

If I'm the only one seeing it, it could be my ISP, but why no other sites or pages? OK, I'll stop...

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I can't offer an explanation either but I will chip in to say that like you I'm using FF 3.5.8 but I'm not getting any problems with Google Analytics. I get the same thing as Hans, 'transferring data etc...'

Ken

edited to add that this post went up in the normal way too, sorry Al but it looks like Google is picking on just you :sad:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

stuck wrote:I can't offer an explanation either but I will chip in to say that like you I'm using FF 3.5.8 but I'm not getting any problems with Google Analytics. I get the same thing as Hans, 'transferring data etc...'

Ken

edited to add that this post went up in the normal way too, sorry Al but it looks like Google is picking on just you :sad:
Or from that old early rock days refrain...."why's everybody always pickin' on me?" :scratch:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Bigaldoc wrote:If I'm the only one seeing it, it could be my ISP, but why no other sites or pages? OK, I'll stop...
Could you try another browser, just to see what happens?
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I just walked in the door, fired up Fx and The Lounge and it's still there.

I'm in IE 8 now. When I clicked the thread, it took some 30 seconds for the thread to resolve and IE throbbed and the status bar said "reading..." but it did resolve.

Let's see what happens when I click the Submit button.

As I said, I don't think it's my ISP because after it started here, I intentionally went to a bunch of heavily used sites like ESPN, my local newspaper and so on. Didn't have a problem with any of 'em. I suppose it could be Fx and The Lounge. If this post is OK, I'll delete my Lounge cookies next and see what happens then in Firefox.

Thanks for the patience!

Added: Worked OK. Brought me back to my completed post within about 5 seconds as usual. Now to delete the Fx cookies...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Aw sheesh, near panic time in Big Al Land! I shutdown Firefox to clear the cache as my next try. I always do that manually with a shortcut I have on my desktop. While those 1,200 files were deleting, I went to the kitchen and lordy, NO BEER!!! I had to make a run back out to get a 24-pack!

Seriously though, must've been something corrupt in the cache since cookie deletion didn't do the job but clearing the cache seems to have fixed the problem (I hope)! I usually only dump the cache until Saturday prior to backup time but mebbe I need to do it every night just for insurance.

Assuming I don't see the !@#$%^& throbbing and status message when I hit Submit on this one, thanks again everyone for listening. One cold can, comin' right up!

Added: Success - Vielen dank, Freunde!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OK, glad it's solved! :thumbup:
Best wishes,
Hans