Ten thousand posts

HansV
Administrator

Ten thousand posts

Post by HansV »

Dear Loungers,

When we started Eileen's Lounge, we had no idea whether it would succeed or fail. Now, in less than two months, we have reached the 10,000th post. (The statistics on the Portal page and at the bottom of the Board Index show a smaller number; that's because deleted posts aren't included.)

We would like to thank you all for contributing to this success. You have helped us to build a community built on respect and friendship. We've hardly had to interfere, and seeing Eileen's Lounge grow slowly but steadily has been a joy.

:thankyou:
Best wishes,
Hans

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Re: Ten thousand posts

Post by VegasNath »

:fanfare: :fanfare: WoooooooooooooHooooooo :bravo:

This is the best community on the web, and it's a pleasure to be part of it! My thanks to all that made this possible. :thankyou:
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Thanks to you, Hans, and all the Admins and providers of hardware and software expertise, without whom it wouldn't have been possible! :clapping: :fanfare:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

HansV wrote:Dear Loungers,

When we started Eileen's Lounge, we had no idea whether it would succeed or fail. Now, in less than two months, we have reached the 10,000th post. (The statistics on the Portal page and at the bottom of the Board Index show a smaller number; that's because deleted posts aren't included.)

We would like to thank you all for contributing to this success. You have helped us to build a community built on respect and friendship. We've hardly had to interfere, and seeing Eileen's Lounge grow slowly but steadily has been a joy.

:thankyou:
I feel it is a privilege to be part of Eileen's Lounge! Thank you to the forward thinking people involved in creating and then maintaining this lovely site for the rest of us! :thumbup:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

Hans,

I think it is we who should be thanking you and all the other good folks behind the scenes who made this place possible. Without all of you and your interest in maintaining the "Lounge" as it was originally intended, none of us would have had the opportunity to make even one post.

So, allow us to take our hats off to you all collectively. Image
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

:wine: :chocciebar: :wine: :chocciebar: :wine: :chocciebar: :wine:

Hearty congrats to all who have been inspirational in providing such a great hangout :rofl:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Here's my 'ditto' of thanks to the founders and minders of Eileen's Lounge.

It is a GREAT place to hang out.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I would like to add my sentiments....

In all my years of webbing on forums and such, I have NEVER encountered a web forum better than WOPR. As it grew, and changed, it seemed to have lost its close knit ties, and that friendship/family feel seemed to fade. Now however, that is ALL back it all its former glory. Eileens Lounge is by far the outright leader in web forums, not only for its closeness in friendship ties, and the humour it provides, but more important, for the HELP that one gets from the various boards. I, personally, have never not ever never gotten non help from this site! (Geez...did I say that correcly??) What I meant was that I have always been helped and in lightning speed too!

10,000 hooray's for this site, 10,000 cheers for the pro-activeness of Eileen and the technical expertise of the admins team for making this amazing site available to us all and 10,000 bravo's for the members who keep this site active and informative. May Eileens Lounge go from strength to strength for 10,000 years to come!!

HOORAH!!! :fanfare:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Cellmate
2StarLounger

Post by Cellmate »

Eleven days late to this party, but :fanfare: :clapping: Hurray! for us!

and another "Extremely Well Done" to Hans.

Indeed, it's a privalege to have been notified/invited to this community and I am grateful for that! :thankyou:

Cellmate

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Cellmate wrote:and another "Extremely Well Done" to Hans.
Thank you, but please remember that Eileen's Lounge was set up by six admins. While Mike Wolfman did most of the hard stuff, all six of us were and are closely involved in the shaping of Eileen's Lounge.

And I really meant it when I thanked you all - we are very happy with the way you have grasped the opportunity and helped us make it such a friendly place. Without you, it would have been meaningless!
Best wishes,
Hans