Daily Digest / Marking as Read

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Daily Digest / Marking as Read

Post by BobArch2 »

Several weeks ago I subscribed to Daily Digests for several forums and requested that they be available daily and downloaded at 4:00AM UTC-5. The feature has worked without a single hitch and Digests have being coming in as expected.

I thought that subscribing to Daily Digests would mark the downloaded messages as having been read. That does not appear to be happening.

Three months ago, I broke my wrist and after several weeks, needed surgery. The external fixator is still attached and has made working on the PC a wee bit uncomfortable. Today, for the first time in several weeks I logged into The Lounge and found that messages previously downloaded in the Digest, are not flagged as having been read. Thinking that perhaps my settings were not correct, I checked them and found that only PM's can be flagged. So, is it only PM's that can be flagged or am I missing something?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: Daily Digest / Marking as Read

Post by HansV »

I don't use the digests myself, but yes, it looks like only PMs can be marked as read.

We didn't create the Digests module ourself, it is a third-party add-on, and we'd rather not fiddle with its design.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: Daily Digest / Marking as Read

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:We didn't create the Digests module ourself, it is a third-party add-on, and we'd rather not fiddle with its design.
OK, that's a reasonable and acceptable response. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting somewhere.
Regards,
Bob