Avitar

RonH
SilverLounger

Avitar

Post by RonH »

New to this! Anyone know how I can reduce a pic in Photoshop Elements 8 to the max file size of 10k
:cheers:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Re: Avitar

Post by mwolfman »

hmmmm - not familiar with elements. If you want to post it, I can reduce it for you.
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

mwolfman wrote:hmmmm - not familiar with elements. If you want to post it, I can reduce it for you.
Thanks for offer but I have finally got there :clapping:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

BigMac
NewLounger

Post by BigMac »

I'm going to suggest IrfanView. A free image program that I have used many times for just this purpose.

You can get it here: http://www.irfanview.com/index.htm
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

BigMac wrote:I'm going to suggest IrfanView. A free image program that I have used many times for just this purpose.

You can get it here: http://www.irfanview.com/index.htm
G'day BigMac. Yep, I have used irfanview before but have found a great solution now with Photoshop Elements 8. If any other Lounge users 'need to know' then this is how to do it:
First create your smaller (eg 90 x 90 pixel) file in the Editor, then go into File/Save for Web. Click the arrow to the right of the Preset menu and you should see the Optimize to File Size option. Enter 10K (or whatever other small size you need), save the resulting file on your pc by pressing OK.
:cheers:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.