Daily Digest

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Daily Digest

Post by Gloria E »

My daily digest arrives at 7PM, I prefer that it be delivered at 7AM.

How do I change this delivery time? All help will be appreciated.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Daily Digest

Post by HansV »

Go to your User Control Panel.
Click on Digests (the last "tab").
You'll see (among other things) a dropdown labeled "Hour sent".
Select 7 instead of 19 from this dropdown.
Click Submit.
Best wishes,
Hans

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Check here for detailed instructions on how to set the time your Daily Digest is delivered. In your case, you'll change the time from 19 to 7 to receive your email in the morning.

Edited to add: Why am I not surprised to discover Hans beat me to it. :clapping:
Samantha

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

My digests were set to 7,and they arrived at 7PM. After reading Hans explanation re: the 24 hour clock, I returned to my control panel and reset the hour to 19, hoping that this will make the deliveries at 7AM. Tomorrow I'll see if I'm correct.

If I'm not mistaken my forum clock is set for EDT.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I think that it should be EST and not EDT as daylight time has been over for soom time.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Gloria E wrote:My digests were set to 7,and they arrived at 7PM. After reading Hans explanation re: the 24 hour clock, I returned to my control panel and reset the hour to 19, hoping that this will make the deliveries at 7AM. Tomorrow I'll see if I'm correct.

Gloria E
Gloria, you'd better double check your timezone -- 7 is 7:00 am and 19 is 7:00 pm. The fact that you already had it set for delivery at 7 and didn't receive the digest until 12 hours later, suggests to me that your timezone might not be set to EDT.

I live on the opposite edge of the continent, and I have my timezone set (correctly) for Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8) and the time for my digest to be sent is set at 21 or 9:00 pm. Last night my digest arrived promptly at 9:03 pm.
Samantha

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Gloria E wrote:My digests were set to 7,and they arrived at 7PM. After reading Hans explanation re: the 24 hour clock, I returned to my control panel and reset the hour to 19, hoping that this will make the deliveries at 7AM. Tomorrow I'll see if I'm correct.

Gloria E
Under User Control Panel>Board Index>Edit Global Settings:
Capture3-4-2010-4.41.51 PM.jpg
BTW, Make sure your SYSTEM CLOCK is set to the actual time in NJ
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I didn't know about the daily digests so just signed up so we shall see what time I get them lol. I'll check my settings :clapping:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image