Font size

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Font size

Post by LineLaline »

I never thought I would ask this :laugh:
I suppose erm, well... age...
But there it is: the font size on this forum is very small. I remedy this by hitting 'Ctrl-+' of course, which neatly respects this until I no longer need it. So, it's really not a problem at all.
But I wonder if it is a deliberate choice to use such a small font, or if the template has no other options.
That being said :laugh: I remember when a student asked if I could change the font size in the books, they were very kind about it and said that 'for older eyes it would be nice'. The font I used at the time was 9 pt Calibri. I currently use 12 pt. Screen resolutions have changed so much that this sometimes makes it difficult to read a smaller font. One of the clients uses 9 pixels for their email responses. I used to read that without a problem 😭 Those days are gone.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Leif
Administrator

Re: Font size

Post by Leif »

Check your User Control Panel > Board Preferences page:

x.jpg

Does that help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

Leif wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 17:33
Check your User Control Panel > Board Preferences page:

x.jpg

Does that help?
Oooh yes! Thank you so much. I never went there before, I just jumped in. All is well now at 110%. This already is a massive difference I must say!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Thank you both for reminding me of this setting. My eyes appreciate it.
Regards,
Paul

Today's earworm

DocAElstein
3StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

..............They wheeled me in to the Opticians the other day. He said, read this:

dkjasdjdg
You need font normal 100%
he needs font larger at 120%

I said, I can’t read the last line.

He didn’t give me any Glasses. He told me to increase my font by 120% :scratch:

( Instead I started collecting old meter plus diagonal flat screen Tellies from ebay. I got about 20 now, one hanging in every corner of the building site as a second extended extra monitor on a computer or laptop. They are a much better alternative to a normal computer screen. And you can pick them up nowadays for close to nothing if you don’t mind travelling around a bit to pick them up yourself. ….
(Great for learning VBA on BTW, have the VB Editor on the laptop in front of you, the spreadsheet ( or word doc ) on the telly on the wall , drag the Immediate window and Watch Window anywhere convenient . On the telly there is usually a bit more space for a few other things like the Browser open at your favourite forum…. ( or, at the click of the remote control, watch your favourite Pope being buried on the Telly instead… ) )

Shocking, view at your own risk…
)
Spoiler
Sure you can give me a DVM instead, when you take the AVOmeter out of my cold dead hands,