Can't prevent startup app

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Can't prevent startup app

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello.

I have this program named Doisem, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Dowy\ygacd.exe that is starting automatically according to CCleaner. I cannot disable or even delete it as it keeps restarting.

Does anyone know what this is? I've run Malware AntiMalware Bytes as well to clean my computer, but this keeps reappearing. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Can't prevent startup app

Post by HansV »

I can't find anything relevant about Doisem or ygacd.exe, but Dowy comes up in Google with several hits about malware (a "backdoor" program). Not sure it's what you have, but I'd remove it anyway, or rename it to ygacd.old or something like that.

Can you quit the program from the Processes tab of Task Manager? If that succeeds, you should be able to delete/rename the .exe.

If not: start Windows in safe mode, you should then be able to delete/rename the .exe.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Re: Can't prevent startup app

Post by agibsonsw »

Thank you @Hans. I shall give these a go. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.