Screen Snip & jpg print

RonH
SilverLounger

Screen Snip & jpg print

Post by RonH »

If I want to send for printing a 15x10 cm picture of a screen capture is it best to have the saved jpg capture as large as possible? It seems that you get more information (pixel & file size) but maybe this is at the expense of detail.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Screen Snip & jpg print

Post by HansV »

Er. what do you mean? If it's a screenshot, the pixel size is fixed.

If your screen capture program lets you specify the quality of the .jpg, select the highest quality (100%). This increases the file size but means fewer artefacts in the resulting image.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Oops ... should have stated a screen 'snip' ... not a capture of the entire screen.
One can vary the screen magnification to show images in various sizes but I'm not sure what 'magnification' does to the pixel count and to clarity. It seems that (within reason) the larger the picture the more information you can capture. I am particularly looking to print some snips of a video that we took where we do not have a decent still pic ... the lady makes photo albums.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Turning on magnification won't do anything for the quality of the image - there is no extra information between the original pixels.
You should display the video at its native size, and work with that.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Right oh ... sounds logical. Can view the video at 'maximise' in eg WMP.
I will also investigate my Cyberlink Power Director which can freeze frame and capture.
Thanks Hans.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I may be wrong but doesn't Windows Movie Maker allow you to extract stills from a video?

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Ken ...
Yes, WLMM enables this as a PNG Image which if necessary is easily converted to jpg.
Hadn't thought of this programme ... be easy for my lady to use giving me free time :clapping:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Another easy to use idea...

If you have Windows 7 (the option is not available under XP) then Microsoft Image Composite Editor can create panoramas from video.

Ken