Photo Editing Software

adam
SilverLounger

Photo Editing Software

Post by adam »

Hi anyone,

I would be pleased if any of you could let me know a good photo editing software that could combine 2 Images Seamlessly & that could cut people out of the photo.

Any help on this would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Adam

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Photo Editing Software

Post by stuck »

adam wrote:photo editing software that could combine 2 Images Seamlessly
As in join 2 or more photos to make a panorama? Is so Microsoft Image Composite Editor is :free: dead easy to use and I've only ever seen the join when I've not overlapped my source images properly. There is thread about photo-stiching here:
http://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php? ... lit=stitch
adam wrote:cut people out of the photo
If you've got money the de facto standard is Photoshop but if you're on a budget then The GIMP is :free: as is Paint.Net. You can find lots of tutorials on cutting out people with a simple Google search.

Ken

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

I use their FREE Publishing program...but they also have this...

http://www.serif.com/free-panoramic-pho ... -software/

Check out the other free programs too. They do have a Photo program.

They call them "Starter" editions, but the Publishing program has all the features I need. Hence the Panoramic Photo stiching program might too. :scratch:

Just thought I would mention them.
Mike J

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

westerneagle wrote:[Serif] Panoramic Photo stiching program
I note the web page for it says, "Create panoramas up to 3000 x 3000 pixels". Not sure what that means but it sound like some sort of limit and not a very big one either.

A simple point and shoot will give you a 4000x3000 pixels image by default and if I join only two images from my DSLR (using MS ICE) I get something at about 7000x2500 pixels. The biggest I've ever done was to join 8 images and that one is 20992x2198 pixels. If Microsoft ICE has a limit I've not found it yet.

Ken

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

You are probably right about the limit. I have never had to stitch any photos and have not used such.
But Like I said they are "starter' editions....I am sure they are hoping that one will like what they see and then up grade to the full program.

Maybe I will go take a few pic and see what this stitching is all about.....

Thanks Ken
Mike J

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I'd highly recommend the MS ICE program that Ken mentioned over the Serif version. I've tried both.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

westerneagle wrote:Maybe I will go take a few pic and see what this stitching is all about...
Do! It's great fun.

Mind you printing out massive panoramas is not easy :grin: The native size (based on the jpg dpi) of the big 8 image one I mentioned earlier seems to be a grid of 13 wide by 2 tall sheets of landscape A3 paper, that just over 16.5ft long and just under 2ft high :rofl: :flee: No, I've never printed it out at that size.

Ken