Question about an nmsrvc.exe error message

dmcnab
3StarLounger

Question about an nmsrvc.exe error message

Post by dmcnab »

Hi all......for no apparent reason, when I turn on my computer (or bring it out of hibernation or standby), I get an error message....it is entitled "nmsrvc.exe application error"....I am attaching a photo that I took of it.....any idea what it means and what I can do to correct the problem? Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Question about an nmsrvc.exe error message

Post by HansV »

nmsrvc.exe appears to be associated with software from LinkSys / Pure Networks Network Magic. Does that ring a bell?
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Have you read this?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 9f4e9928a1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

dmcnab
3StarLounger

Post by dmcnab »

OK...I did a system restore and that didn't work....I have lookd at the webpages that lounge members ahve sento to eme......

dmcnab
3StarLounger

Post by dmcnab »

Good morning, Hans and viking33....I might have fixed things -- I went to service.msc and discovered that I have Pure Networks Platform Service....the 'startup' was set to Automatic, but it doesn't seem to be running...I gather that it is supposed to start automatically, and when it cannot do so, that triggers the error message. I was not able to start (or re-start) the service. For the time being, I am going to assume that all of this is related to me 'reconfiguring' a printer to go from a usb connection to a wireless connection....so, for the time being I set the Pure Networks service to 'manual' and then re-started the computer....everything seems fine and the computer is running much faster....I'll have to see what happens when I want to print, but this is the latest...I will report back once I see how the printer reacts to all of this...thank you...ps: I suppose if the printer doesn't work as it should, I could uninstall Pure Networks and re-install from their website ? What do you think ?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It's worth a try, but there's no guarantee it'll help.
Best wishes,
Hans