Can anyone recommend a Virtual CD program?

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Can anyone recommend a Virtual CD program?

Post by John Gray »

I'm looking for a Virtual CD program for someone to save them having to continually insert and remove up to 6 CDs, each of which has a program which references the data on the CDs.

I know of the Microsoft Virtual CD program, which apparently requires the CD's contents to be changed to an ISO file, but I wonder whether anyone can recommend one which they use?

thanks!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Can anyone recommend a Virtual CD program?

Post by StuartR »

I have been using Virtual CD for many years and I am very happy with it. It's not :free: but it has a good combination of functionality and usability.
StuartR

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Thanks, Stuart, but it's something over £20, so about the cost of Office 2010 Professional Plus for a charity!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

I've not tried any of these, but have you looked here http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... ulator.htm or here http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html. I used to use a piece of Slysoft software to persuade my Amiga to do something IDEish (but I can't remember what :groan: ) so they have a decent pedigree.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Thanks, Jon, I'll "check them out"...!
John Gray