Send Page by e-mail & Send Link by e-mail grayed out.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Send Page by e-mail & Send Link by e-mail grayed out.

Post by Gloria E »

I had this problem before but for the life of me I can't remember how it was fixed. I've searced Google and found tons of suggested fixes including repairing Windows Live Essentials (what this had to do with the IE problem is beyond me). I've tried every suggestion found on the web with no positive results.

If some of you knowledable folks know of a fix, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Send Page by e-mail & Send Link by e-mail grayed out.

Post by HansV »

See the thread Sending Page Difficulty from three weeks ago, in particular your last reply.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:See the thread Sending Page Difficulty from three weeks ago, in particular your last reply.
I knew the fix was somewhere, I should have been searching here instead of Google. I have to make a note of it so the fix won't get lost again. :grin:

Would you, perhaps, know of a reason this keeps happening? I'd like a permanent fix if at all possible. :scratch:

Thanks Hans for finding my prior post. :thankyou:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm really sorry, but I have no idea why that happens.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:I'm really sorry, but I have no idea why that happens.
I've got a real problem here. I ran the same Fix It solution 50157, this time it DIDN'T fix the problem. I'm back to square one and accepting solutions.

Gloria E

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Have you tried the steps in the next-to-last reply in the previous thread? (See Re: Sending Page Difficulty)
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Have you tried the steps in the next-to-last reply in the previous thread? (See Re: Sending Page Difficulty)
I knew I had set my defaults before, but I checked again. Lo & Behold! My choices were directed somewhere else. I re-ticked my default web browser to IE (use my currect was ticked). I re-ticked my default e-mail to WLM, and re-ticked Media Player, clicked OK and a graph appeared and the words You defaults have been set.

I decided to go back in again to make sure my choices were where they were spposed to be (guess what) they all were just the way they were before I made the changes. What's going on with this? Should I have rebooted or something to make my choices hold?

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Gloria E wrote:My choices were directed somewhere else. I re-ticked my default web browser to IE (use my currect was ticked). I re-ticked my default e-mail to WLM, and re-ticked Media Player, clicked OK and a graph appeared and the words You defaults have been set.

I decided to go back in again to make sure my choices were where they were spposed to be (guess what) they all were just the way they were before I made the changes.
The OS has decided to refer to your recently chosen browser and e-mail client as "current" since that is what they are... (Perhaps they should not have used a radio button for that.)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Have you checked whether you have the Send Page by E-mail and Send Link by E-mail items now?
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Have you checked whether you have the Send Page by E-mail and Send Link by E-mail items now?
I checked after viewing your post and I am so pleased to report that both options are now available once again. It was difficult to understand what Windows Live Mail had to do with the options in IE. I still don't understand, but it worked and that's a fact.

I sincerley appreciate all the assistance I have received with this issue and especially with Hans V who is my port in a storm. :thankyou: :clapping: :fanfare: