Missing Title Information

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Missing Title Information

Post by Gloria E »

I may be getting just a mite slow, but I just noticed that there's no mention of IE at the top of the browser window like there was in the previous version. Is it me or am I missing something? :scratch:

My version of IE: 9.0.8112.16421.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Missing Title Information

Post by HansV »

That's by design, in an attempt to make the user interface less busy.
You can stilll see the page title by hovering the mouse pointer over the page tab:
x951.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

I suspect it's the difference between 'Windows 7' view:
y.jpg
and 'Classic View':
x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You're correct. Switching to the Windows Classic theme restores the title in the title bar.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:You're correct. Switching to the Windows Classic theme restores the title in the title bar.
I don't think I explained the situation clearly enough. I want to see Internet Explorer at the very top of the browser window, not the title of site I'm on. Now I see the name of the visited site in a tab , but IE is not visible above the addresss bar where it used to be.

I can't remember if I'm using the Classic view or not, please tell me how to find out? I used to know but it's slipped my mind.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Internet Explorer doesn't just display the name "Internet Explorer" in the title bar (if it displays anything at all) but the title of the active page followed by "Windows Internet Explorer". It worked like that in previous versions too.

You can see the active theme ("view") by right-clicking an empty part of the Windows desktop and selecting Personalize from the context menu, or by selecting Start > Control Panel > Change the Theme.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Internet Explorer doesn't just display the name "Internet Explorer" in the title bar (if it displays anything at all) but the title of the active page followed by "Windows Internet Explorer". It worked like that in previous versions too.

You can see the active theme ("view") by right-clicking an empty part of the Windows desktop and selecting Personalize from the context menu, or by selecting Start > Control Panel > Change the Theme.
I don't see anything but the title of the active page, it's not followed by anything. I would like know if this is normail for IE 9? Doesn't any one who uses IE9 see the browsers name?

Thanks for the directions, I will check it out.

OK, I don't want to change the Theme,visuals, or sounds. I wanted to know how to find out if I'm using Classic view or not.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria, if you use a standard Windows 7 theme - and apparently you do! - you won't see anything in the title bar of Internet Explorer 9. This is 'normal' behavior, intended by Microsoft.

If you'd like to try the Windows Classic theme:

Right-click an empty part of the Windows desktop and select Personalize from the context menu, or select Start > Control Panel > Change the Theme.
If necessary, scroll down, and select Windows Classic.
Personalization.jpg
In the Windows Classic theme, you should see text in the title bar of Internet Explorer 9.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Gloria, if you use a standard Windows 7 theme - and apparently you do! - you won't see anything in the title bar of Internet Explorer 9. This is 'normal' behavior, intended by Microsoft.

If you'd like to try the Windows Classic theme:

Right-click an empty part of the Windows desktop and select Personalize from the context menu, or select Start > Control Panel > Change the Theme.
If necessary, scroll down, and select Windows Classic.
Personalization.jpg
In the Windows Classic theme, you should see text in the title bar of Internet Explorer 9.
And if I don't like what I see, how do I change it back to what I have now (as if I knew what I'm using now).

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Click on the top one, under My Themes.
Best wishes,
Hans