How can I miss you when you won't go away?

garbsmj
4StarLounger

How can I miss you when you won't go away?

Post by garbsmj »

Okay - I don't mind my ex bf it's just that he has a new gf who looks like a real looney tune and besides, do I need to see how happy he is?

Sure, I can just unfriend him (or unsubscribe him) but I really like his friends and don't want to lose them. Any suggestions?
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: How can I miss you when you won't go away?

Post by stuck »

Surely if you have sent friend requests to friends of your ex and they have accepted them, then you can pull the plug on your ex and you won't lose the connections to his friends?

In other words as long as the people you like are direct friends of you then you will still see them when you separate off a mutual friend. You will however, lose the ability to browse to your ex and then surf through his list of friends.

Ken

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Removing someone as a friend shouldn't cause you to lose other friends.

However, if HIS friends are not YOUR friends and you're relying on the ticker to see their exchanges, you would be SOL.

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

Well, I am interested in his musical career, just not in the erm, questionable dating choice. I do know his friends, too. I guess though, you guys have a point. I really should not care if he ends up with a wookie. If his friends don't bail, hopefully they'll post when he's playing again, not that I'd go but just to see him be moderately successful because he is a nice guy and everything. It just ended badly.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

garbsmj wrote:I am interested in his musical career, ...when he's playing again.
Won't this info be available outside of FB? On his own web site, if he has one? On the web site of the venue he's playing at? Google ought to know that sort of info, meaning you shouldn't have to rely on a casual reference in FB.

Ken

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

He doesn't have a site, but I did hide all his posts. So I can go on my merry way and end up with my own wookie.