Revo's First "Mistake"

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Revo's First "Mistake"

Post by Bigaldoc »

As many of us are, I've been using Revo Uninstaller for quite some time and have never, until today, had it make a mistake.

This morning I used Revo to remove the trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 that I had given a one day trial and don't care for. When I use Revo, I have it "deep scan" to the next-deepest level, that is one less than the maximum. I've never had a problem with that - period. It has gotten to the point that when Revo presents me with the "trees" of files and/or registry entries it wants to remove, I no longer expand them all for my checking (which I used to do) - Revo has always been correct!

Bad mistake on my part! In the process of removing PSE 8, Revo "destroyed" my Adobe Reader 9.3 installation so it would no longer run!

The fix was easy. I had Revo remove Reader 9.3 which it did. I installed 9.3 again afterward. I guess it DOES pay to review those things that Revo wants to remove in the deep scan. Lesson learned!

IMNetUser
3StarLounger

Re: Revo's First "Mistake"

Post by IMNetUser »

The fix was easy. I had Revo remove Reader 9.3 which it did. I installed 9.3 again afterward. I guess it DOES pay to review those things that Revo wants to remove in the deep scan. Lesson learned!
:thumbup: Glad the fix worked.

I use the deep scan all of the time as well - good lesson to always at least view the tree's and registry settings before deleting.

I suspect that ANY commingled application (Symantec comes first to mind) will have similar behavior.
Scott

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Bigaldoc wrote: Revo "destroyed" my Adobe Reader 9.3 installation
Probably just its way of suggesting you switch to FoxIt Reader! :laugh:
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

IMNetUser
3StarLounger

Post by IMNetUser »

PaulB wrote:Probably just its way of suggesting you switch to FoxIt Reader! :laugh:
:drop: :compute: :headtrob:
Scott

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

PaulB wrote:
Bigaldoc wrote: Revo "destroyed" my Adobe Reader 9.3 installation
Probably just its way of suggesting you switch to FoxIt Reader! :laugh:
I 2nd that suggestion :cheers:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image