IE9 RC not rendering JPG & PNG

JoeP
SilverLounger

IE9 RC not rendering JPG & PNG

Post by JoeP »

When I view a thread that contains JPG or PNG attachments (including in signatures) the pictures never load. Just get the animated circle with the "Loading" tool tip.

There is no option to run this site in IE compatability mode so I can't try to workaround it.

Not having problems with JPG or PNG on other sites.

Joe
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Re: IE9 RC not rendering JPG & PNG

Post by HansV »

Thanks for reporting this. I don't think there's much we can do about it, but if it's a general phpBB problem, I assume a bug fix will be issued.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You're welcome. Also, wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue so I can eliminate my setup as the problem.

Joe
Joe

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

Joe, I do not seem to have this problem. Both png and jpg render as predicted. I have checked several different posts with no problems encountered. I do not have an idea what may be causing your problem. Let us know if something shows up.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

FWIW, I decided to try a different style. Minimal, Rainbow Pearl, and AeroBlack display various files correctly. Prosilver & Subsilver2 both do not.

What I don't like about the styles that work is when you click on a "Group" such as "Other Serious Stuff" you just get a list of posts and not the summary of forums in the group as you do with the two that don't work. Makes navigation tedious.

Joe
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In AeroBlack, Minimal, Rainbow Pearl and subsilver2, clicking on a category such as Other Serious Stuff shows a list of recent posts at the top, and a list of forums in the category at the bottom. In prosilver, the forums are listed first, and recents posts below that.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Thanks Hans. I saw this list of posts and neglected to scroll to the bottom of the screen.

Joe
Joe

wasbit
2StarLounger

Post by wasbit »

Sorry to drag up an old post but I also am only seeing placeholders for attachments since changing to IE9.

Opera shows attachments just fine.
Regards
wasbit

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Mike Wolfman has asked about this at phpBB but apparently there's no resolution yet. Sorry!
Best wishes,
Hans