Can't find program to uninstall it.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Can't find program to uninstall it.

Post by hlewton »

I have a need to uninstall and then try to reinstall a program. The program is nowhere to be found in order to uninstall it. It does not show up in the Control Panel's Programs and Features nor does it show up Revo's Uninstaller Pro. I can find it referred to many places in the Registry and I found it in C:/Program Files (x86). How can I remove it so I can start over.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Can't find program to uninstall it.

Post by HansV »

Which program is it?
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Karaoke Song List Creator version 2018
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Hans I am going to attach a screenshot of what started this thread. I am no longer able to print out my song lists. I would settle for a way to correct this error if that is possible. However, I see no tool inside the program to allow me to assign printers.
SongList.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Hans I found a way to uninstall it with Revo. I am now going to try to reinstall it and hope all works out.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Nope that didn't work. It is still the same run time error.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid I don't know anything about this application, sorry.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

A quick Google for "uninstall Karaoke Song List Creator" comes up with plenty of sites offering help, such as:

https://www.revouninstaller.com/preview ... ofessional
Leif

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Leif wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 20:36
A quick Google for "uninstall Karaoke Song List Creator" comes up with plenty of sites offering help, such as:

Thank you. I tried 3 of the methods and nothing seems to work.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Leif wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 20:36

Leif I just wanted to mention that I had done that Google search and tried, like I mentioned, 3 of its options. None of them worked. In addition to that, the program's built in uninstall program never installed during the installation. I also mentioned that I did find a way to uninstall it using my Revo Uninstall Pro. Even let it search and removed all remnants of it. I then installed it again and it did the same thing as before. In searching the run-time error code 713, I found this - missing msstdfmt.dll. I also found installing msstdfmt.dll file on my pc but I am not sure how that is done. So I ran a sfc /scannow and found nothing wrong. So I don't know what my next step is. However, I want to thank you for trying to help.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I am going to attach 2 attachments that I need some advice about. I did find a way to uninstall the Karaoke Song List Creator. After the uninstall said it was complete I forced more uninstall using my Revo Uninstaller Pro. It seemed to remove a lot more and I was hopeful it got it all. I ran Regedit searching for Karaoke Song List Creator and it is finding some instances of it. That is what I need advice on. The first attachment is an example and I am wondering if when finding something like this if it is safe for me to delete it. Please see the first attachment and notice that the search term "Karaoke Song List Creator" does not show up when finding that registry key.
Example.jpg
The second example show an instance of the search but that folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Karaoke Song List Creator\ no longer exists when searching for it using Windows File Explorer. What should I do, delete it in the Registry since Windows File Explorer no longer exists? Please see the second attachment. Sorry the second one is hard to read but I wanted to try to show the entire path.
Example1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You might remove those registry entries, but I don't think it'll solve your problem...
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 12:25
You might remove those registry entries, but I don't think it'll solve your problem...
You mean that if I get rid of all traces of this program and then reinstall it I'll have the same problem? Why would that be and is there anything else I can do to try to make it work properly? Also do you have any idea why the Regedit is finding a folder that doesn't seem to exist?
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I fear that you'd get the same error. What causes it? I have no idea.

Uninstalling an application often leaves references to items that no longer exist - in your last screenshot, to the uninstaller of Karaoke Song List Creator. In 99.99% of such cases, that causes no harm whatsoever.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

OK thank you. I just purchased the latest program but the people at that site are of little help in telling me what is wrong with their program and if this new version will fix it. Apparently, by searching the WEB, others have similar problems and find little to no help on the WEB or anywhere else for that matter.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Try reinstalling the Visual C++ runtime library. See Latest supported VC libraries, You'll have several to choose from. I would guess you want the 2015 or 2017 version.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 15:17
Try reinstalling the Visual C++ runtime library. See Latest supported VC libraries, You'll have several to choose from. I would guess you want the 2015 or 2017 version.
Thank you Joe. I am looking into it and hope I can understand it before installing something wrong.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Joe I'm sorry but I am not familiar with this at all. Please see the attached screenshot and tell me first if I'm where I should be. If I am where I should be, I should install one of these or maybe even both? The Song List Creator was installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Karaoke Song List Creator\ folder but my machine has Windows 64 Bit operating system.
Thanks
Visual.jpg
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

A sentence in the introductory paragraph - "The Redistributable package architecture must match your app's target architecture. "

So, if your app is 32-bit you install the x86 version.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thank you.
Regards,
hlewton