Volume and mike icons not in taskbar

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Volume and mike icons not in taskbar

Post by Peter Kinross »

I have been having trouble with sound and would LOVE to have these icons back in the Taskbar. I have them turned on in "Turn system icons on or off". But they still don't appear. There is a Google trick to change system text size; I tried it - didn't work.
Any ideas anyone.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

HansV
Administrator

Re: Volume and mike icons not in taskbar

Post by HansV »

Also check "Select which icons appear on the taskbar":

S0736.png

Icons which are "on" in "Turn system icons on or off" but "off" in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" will be in the popup list:

S0737.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

Thanks Hans; "Select which icons appear on the Taskbar" is what I had done in "Turn system icons on or off".
The sound icon ain't on the Taskbar nor in the popup.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Strange. Here are some additional suggestions. You have already done 1, 2 and undoubtedly 4.

6 Ways to Restore the Missing Volume Icon to the Windows 10 Taskbar
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Not to hijack Peter's thread, but I'm seeing an anomaly on the task bar having to do with my VPN. I use the Mozilla variant. It wants to have 2 icons on the task bar - to the right of the system tray. Both seem to work identically. Task Manager shows only one instance running. It's not really a problem . . . just another of those 'computer things.'
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

Thanks Hans.
Did the '6 ways ...' No luck. I had to stop the uninstalling drivers as they said in the last part of their last suggestion, as I actually lost a driver doing that. Stupidly I didn't take a screen shot of all the audio drivers. When I uninstalled and clicked 'Search for new hardware', nothing was found. It was needed, as when I reboot the Speech recognition software won't load. Not a bad thing as I have been trying for months to stop the darn thing loading, but I don't want the warning that it hasn't loaded.
Guess it's just another one of those 'computer things' Bob mentioned above. Although I seem to have far more than my fair share of them.