Bluetooth problems

silverback
5StarLounger

Bluetooth problems

Post by silverback »

Is this the right forum????

I'm running a PC on Windows 10. It has connected to a Bose Mini Soundlink speaker successfully via Bluetooth for months, if not years. It now refuses to do so. I also have a Lenovo tablet paired with the PC, so I thought I would try this to see if this would isolate the problem to the Bose. Although settings shows the tablet as Paired, if I click on the Lenovo link, I am only offered 'Remove Device'; the 'Connect' link which used to be displayed when the Bose link was clicked is missing. I have removed the Bose speaker now, but the PC still will not either connect to the tablet or offer me a Connect link to it.

This whole area is approaching magic to me; can anyone deduce what's going on/gone on/provide a solution, please?
Thanks
Silverback

silverback
5StarLounger

Re: Bluetooth problems

Post by silverback »

Whatever the problem was, it's gone away. Speaker working OK again, now.
I did turn it off and then on again, and then hit it with a hammer. Could that be what's done it? Oh, and I did a bit of :censored: as well. The old ways are still the best. :scratch: :laugh:
Silverback

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

:laugh: :thumbup:
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Percussive repair is an ancient solution. Well done Silverback.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

The soundbar on our TV has a Bluetooth input. Getting a device to pair with it for the first time is a black art. Geting it to connect thereafter can be anything from painless to a black art. Given that, I'm not surprised at your experience of something that just worked, stopping working and then starting to work again.

Ken

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I have found Bluetooth to be very unreliable on the last several versions of Windows 10. Often I must turn off a device and turn it back on to get it to work. Logitech Mouse, Microsoft mouse, speakers, Microsoft headset does seem to matter. Sometimes I have to turn Bluetooth off and back on. I haven't been able to narrow down what the problem is. Lots of cursing and time wasted.
Joe

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I avoid using Bluetooth on Windows, I have never found it reliable. It works fine on my Android phones and tablets.
StuartR