Scrolling technique

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Scrolling technique

Post by Dave Davison »

I've never got the hang of using the Faststone "Scrolling" feature so looked for a tutorial on You Tube and note that the option indicated on the screen shot does not appear on my 5.3 version so the one being used by the uploader must be a later version. Apart from not having mastered the art of the scrolling feature, the version I am using has sufficed my needs as -in the rare occasion when I did wish to scroll save, I have got round the hurdle by taking multiple screen shots, pasting them in sequence in a Word doc then taking a final single screen shot. Could anyone suggest what version he might be using and if it is free for home users :scratch: ? Thanks Dave.
Custom Scroll.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Scrolling technique

Post by HansV »

The Custom Scroll Mode was introduced in FastStone Capture version 6.6; that version is not free (but not very expensive either, since a license includes all future updates).
This mode lets you capture part of a window instead of the entire window, so I don't know whether it would benefit you.

ShareX is a free screen capture utility that supports capturing a scrolling window. I haven't tried it myself.
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

As Firefox' built-in screen-shot tool; it works most of the time.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks Argos, would appreciate a brief tutorial using Firefox as know nothing about the add-ons of this prog. :scratch:

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Click on the Page actions menu in the address bar and select Take a Screenshot from the drop-down. Or simply right-click on a page and select Take a Screenshot.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... creenshots
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

This is a built-in Firefox feature.
Click on the ... to the right of the URL (web address) in the address bar, and select 'Take a Screenshot' from the dropdown menu:

S0013.png

Select 'Save full page':

S0014.png

Finally, click 'Copy' to copy the screenshot to the clipboard, so that you can paste it into a Word document, or a Paint window, or wherever you can paste an image, or click 'Download' to save the screenshot as a file for later use:

S0015.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

In two words, "much appreciated" as my mind is keeping pace with my aging Octogenarian body and needs a gentle prod now and again, it's called entropy and comes to us all eventually. [Trust me there is no escaping this fate] but striving to slow the pace of decline by stimulating the neurons in light of the maxim "Use it or lose it". THANX

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

................wow! Just dawned on me in reflection, just how much I would not know this IT stuff were it not for this priceless forum, So simple when one knows what is hiding in plain sight. Fandbidozi...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I had to look up Fandbidozi, but thanks!
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Excuse me if that is a quirky English term that some might have thought meaningless, I seem to remember it was a saying coined by a couple of child entertainers called "The Crankies" I think the duo wrote it into their script as a childish way to say Fantastic. Along the same lines as Supercalerfragelistic - ispialagosis first used in one of the songs in "The sound of Music" film. I found the Firefox Screenshot function ok but could not get the one you suggested -but had not tried- to complete. Regards Dave.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Dave I think the word you're looking for is "fandabidozi" popularized by scottish comedy team the Krankies.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube