One Drive for business account problem

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
Jeff H
4StarLounger

One Drive for business account problem

Post by Jeff H »

I wasn't sure what forum to put this in since it's Microsoft and not Windows. Anyway, I've got a Microsoft account problem.

When I started helping the hospice organization with their database I needed to log onto their network. At first I was using the admin assistant’s account, but then they gave me my own account. Now I keep getting notices that “some of your accounts require attention”. When I try to fix the problem I get the dialog below.

When I try to use my account (“jeff”) it defaults to “syan”. I can click the three dots next to sryan and click “Forget” and that account disappears from this dialog, but when I click on mine, it doesn’t accept my password and reverts to sryan. The old password I have for the admin assistant isn’t working either. Before I ask her to temporarily change her password to see if I can log on that way and do something, I thought I’d ask if anyone here knows how I can resolve this.

BTW, my personal Microsoft account seems to be working fine. Also I continue to have access to their One Drive folders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: One Drive for business account problem

Post by JoeP »

Have you tried unlinking the PC in the OneDrive app? Right-click on the app in the notification area, select Settings, click on the Account tab. See what account is associated with that instance of OneDrive. If you need to there is a link to "unlink the pc" there. Unlink the PC and then login in with the correct credentials.
Joe

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Post by Jeff H »

Good suggestion. I see I'm logged in with the correct account. I'll unlink and see what happens when I try to re-link.

Thanks,
- Jeff

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Post by Jeff H »

Well, the unlinking/re-linking worked fine, but it didn't fix the problem. I'll check with the organization. Maybe their tech support can help straighten it out.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you go to Settings | Accounts | Access work or school can you select the "bad" account and disconnect it?
Joe

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Post by Jeff H »

I don't see that option. In "Help & Settings" (right-clicking the icon in the notification area) I see an "Account" tab but the only choices are: Manage Storage; Unlink this PC; Add an account; Choose folders; and Stop sync. Do mean a different Settings?

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I meant Start | Settings | Accounts | Access work or school.
Joe

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Post by Jeff H »

HA!! Of course! That was it.
Thanks Joe. :fanfare: :cheers: