Email notifications about PMs

Argus
GoldLounger

Email notifications about PMs

Post by Argus »

I don't get them. Why?

I set my notification settings after the software update, and they've been like that. Got some PM last weekend and no mail; checked the settings and there were two boxes checked for PMs. And again, today, no email.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Email notifications about PMs

Post by HansV »

Must be a glitch. I can't explain it or suggest a solution. Sorry!
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Yes. I didn't mention, but obviously I've checked my emails, and I've got no "auto-junk email rules", and lounge emails go to the same folder. (Another glitch I've noticed is that I a couple of times got two notifications for separate replies to the same thread, when they are supposed to be limited to only one notification; nothing to mention since it's better than one :) but it would be great to get a copy of the reply.)

Thanks, the sad thing is that notifications about replies can be checked without logging in, but then you risk missing PMs (as I did).
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I like many aspects of the current version of the forum software (phpBB3.3), but sending emails (notifications and digests) appears to be rather haphazard, the old version was more consistent in that respect
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

I'll leave them off for now; got different emails on different devices today. :scratch:
(The first one left them on the mail server for the second to download; but the first one missed one from yesterday, among the last 24-36 hours, instead it found one from Monday last week. :hmmn: )

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Hi, and welcome to the lounge.
Yes, it could be; but it worked before the lounge software upgrade.
Now I don't get notifications about PMs, but I sometimes get more than one for different replies to threads, which I shouldn't.