Multilingual MODI

Zauberkind
2StarLounger

Multilingual MODI

Post by Zauberkind »

Greetings,

I hope someone out there still remember how MODI (Microsoft Office Document Imaging) works.

I am running the English version of Word 2016.
To use MODI, I followed the procedure to install it from my Office 2003 (German) CD.
So far, so good, but things are now confused (or at least confusing).
The commands, prompts, and messages are all in German, which is understandable, and no real problem.

When I open a TIFF file to recognise, the window shows the OCR language as Englisch, and the only language choice in Options is 'Windows Standard Language'.

When I start the OCR, I get an error message that 'OCR cannot be carried out in English. Please change the language option to an available OCR-language.' The message appears regardless of the language of the document to OCR.

Does anyone know where the dictionary used by MODI is located?
Is there a way to hack the language choice?

TIA for any helpful info.
Z.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Multilingual MODI

Post by HansV »

Microsoft Office Document Imaging uses (used) the languages installed with Microsoft Office, but I suspect that this version from Office 2003 doesn't recognize the Office 2016 language files.
Does your Office 2003 CD come with support for multiple languages, and if so, can you install them? (Create a restore point first so that you can go back if this messes up your Word 2016)
Best wishes,
Hans

Zauberkind
2StarLounger

Re: Multilingual MODI

Post by Zauberkind »

Thanks, Hans; that's an interesting point.
Unfortunately, I can't test that right now. The original disks were destroyed in a fire and the off-site backups are temporarily out of reach.
Does anyone have experience doing this with Office 2007,or the language files the same as for 2003?
Z.