FireFox Toolbars

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

FireFox Toolbars

Post by hlewton »

I use FireFox as my default browser and the first attachment is how I would like my browser to display the Bookmark toolbar and the way it is on my other machines. I have set everything the way I found to set it on the WEB but it does not come out the way I want it.
The second attachment shows what I see when I have the bookmark tool bar displayed as the view bookmarks sidebar. If I close it by clicking the “X” it goes away but I do not see what I want to see as shown in first attachment. What I see is in the third attachment.

What I am specifically looking to see is the "Add To Mastercook" option but I only see it with the toolbar opened in the side view. I have the Bookmark toolbar checked to be displayed but it isn’t. How can I fix this?
Bookmarks.jpg
Bookmark1.jpg
Bookmark2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: FireFox Toolbars

Post by HansV »

The difference between the first screenshot and the two others is that the latter show the title bar. To toggle this:
- Select View > Toolbars > Customize...
- Tick or clear the 'Title Bar' check box near the bottom.
- Click Done.

To display items such as 'Add to MasterCook' to the Bookmarks toolbar, drag them from under 'Bookmarks Menu' to under 'Bookmarks Toolbar'.
If you hold down Ctrl while you do this, you'll copy the item, otherwise you'll move it.

You can also reorganize bookmarks in the Show All Bookmarks window (Ctrl+Shift+B).
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thank you very much. That worked.
Regards,
hlewton

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 22:33
- Tick or clear the 'Title Bar' check box near the bottom.
Thanks Hans.
You just gave me a larger laptop screen viewing area!
:thankyou:
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace