Firefox containers

Nick Vittum
4StarLounger

Firefox containers

Post by Nick Vittum »

Can anyone give me information about these? How they work? How well they work? Are they safe and secure?

In particular, the Facebook and Google containers. I have both installed in my Firefox browser. But I can't figure out any way to use them. If I go to Facebook or use Google, are they simply automatically "contained?" Or do I have to open them through the container (if so, I can't see how)?
—Nick

I’m only an egg (but hard-boiled)

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox containers

Post by HansV »

It's automatic.

According to Facebook Container:
Installing this extension closes your Facebook tabs, deletes your Facebook cookies, and logs you out of Facebook.
The next time you navigate to Facebook it will load in a new blue colored browser tab (the “Container”).
Similarly, according to Google Container:
Installing this extension deletes your Google cookies and logs you out of Google.
The next time you navigate to Google it will load in a new red colored browser tab (the “Container”).
Best wishes,
Hans

Nick Vittum
4StarLounger

Re: Firefox containers

Post by Nick Vittum »

I see. I had read those blurbs, but I guess I didn't fully understand them. In part because they don't actually open new tabs, they just change the one you're opening in. I guess I misunderstood. Also, no blue in the FB tab (in my browser) just a black line (or possibly very dark blue) across the bottom of the tab which I hadn't noticed. So just now, I opened Google, and I see there's a bright red line across the bottom of that tab— so I guess it's working.

Thank you
—Nick

I’m only an egg (but hard-boiled)