showing favourites/bookmarks Firefox and Edge

jaystarter
3StarLounger

showing favourites/bookmarks Firefox and Edge

Post by jaystarter »

I've decided to ditch Internet Explorer completely now - having used that and Firefox in about equal measure. (some sites seemed to prefer if not one then the other)
Firefox is my default browser at the moment though I'm impressed with the updated Edge and can see myself using that as my default browser very soon!
But what I want is to tidy up the bookmarks and favourites. I imported favourites from Internet Explorer but have been left with a mess. In Firefox I have to click 3 times to arrive at a bookmark 1.on the menu bar "bookmarks" 2.on the drop down menu "Mozilla Firefox" 3. from "Internet Explorer"..... similar with Edge though it's only 2 clicks on that 1. on "favourites icon" 2. "Other Favourites" A screenshot hopefully shows what I mean.
Is there a way to consolidate these? what I'm looking for is to 1 click on bookmarks or favourites on the menu bar and to see a drop down of all bookmarks or favourites in the browser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Re: showing favourites/bookmarks Firefox and Edge

Post by jaystarter »

And this is how it is with Internet Explorer....just 1 click on the favourites icon gives a drop down menu of all favourites
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can drag and drop bookmarks between menus/submenus. Perhaps the easiest way to do this in Firefox is in Show All Bookmarks (Ctrl+Shift+B). You can select multiple bookmarks just like in File Explorer, and move them to the Bookmarks Menu.
Best wishes,
Hans

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

Thank you that worked. Back to how I had it before now.
Jeff