Changing hanging indent

WJSwan
NewLounger

Changing hanging indent

Post by WJSwan »

I have a document where certain paragraphs have a hanging indent of 2.5 cm. I wish to globally change this to 3.0 cm. How could I do this?
I am using MS Word 2007.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Changing hanging indent

Post by StuartR »

You can do this with a simple replace.

Select the whole document (Control-A)
Replace (Type Control-H, or edit-replace)
More >>, Format, Paragraph to specify the required paragraph formats for the find and replace boxes
Replace All

(I haven't tested this with Word 2007, but I'm pretty sure that these options were avaiable for that version)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

WJSwan
NewLounger

Post by WJSwan »

Thank you. Rather stupid of me not being able to figure it out myself!

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge.

If the paragraphs are connected to a style, you can edit the indent level of that style, which will update globally.

You could also try the "select all text with similar formatting" option (in the Home Ribbon > Select) button. Place your cursor in the text to format and use the mentioned command. If the appropriate text is selected throughout the document, you can simply update the indent value for all the selected text.

LOL .... Or just follow Stuarts advice!! :thumbup:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge

The only stupid questions are the one's you don't ask. We all come here for help when we can't remember how to do something.
StuartR

WJSwan
NewLounger

Post by WJSwan »

Rudi wrote:Welcome to Eileen's Lounge.

If the paragraphs are connected to a style, you can edit the indent level of that style, which will update globally.

You could also try the "select all text with similar formatting" option (in the Home Ribbon > Select) button. Place your cursor in the text to format and use the mentioned command. If the appropriate text is selected throughout the document, you can simply update the indent value for all the selected text.

LOL .... Or just follow Stuarts advice!! :thumbup:
Thanks Rudi, Your advice is excellent. Unfortunately this document does not have any styles - it is one I inherited, and I just needed a quick fix.

macropod
4StarLounger

Post by macropod »

Cross-posted at: https://www.msofficeforums.com/word/443 ... ndent.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please read Eileen's Lounge's policy on Cross-Posting in item 9 of the rules: http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=488" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Edstein
[Fmr MS MVP - Word]