Printing a PDF file in Windows Live Mail

Slim
StarLounger

Printing a PDF file in Windows Live Mail

Post by Slim »

I am running a Dell XPS 8300 computer using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail for e-mail.
I received an e-mail that furnished as an attachment an Owners Manual that was in PDF format. When I printed it out the font was so small it could not be read. Also I could not get a page to fill the printer paper. The transmitted page filled the center third of the printer paper.
I could not locate a means to increase the font size in printout or a means to get a page from the document sent to print full size on my printer paper.
Can anyone help me get this cleared up?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Printing a PDF file in Windows Live Mail

Post by HansV »

Try saving the PDF file from the email message to your hard disk, then open it in a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader.
Select File > Print. You should see a print preview, and options to scale the printout.
Here is part of the print dialog of Foxit Reader:
S2940.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Slim
StarLounger

Re: Printing a PDF filein Windows Live Mail

Post by Slim »

Dear Hans,
Thanks for your reply. I have had a bit of trouble trying to implement it though. I had to download Adobe Acrobat Reader and then search for my download. Then I could not locate the pages I wanted to try to Print. I can't yet give you a report that it is going to work as you called out. I will try again tomorrow.
Sincerely, Slim

Slim
StarLounger

Post by Slim »

Dear Hans,
I did download Adobe Acrobat Reader, (I think), and tried to do as you suggested. As I selected the option to "print", a message appeared that said in part to "create an association
in the Default Apps Setting page". My reaction was ???? how do I do this. If you can give me a clue it would be appreciated.
Sincerely, Slim

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Click the Windows start button in the lower left corner.
Type default.
Select "Choose a default app for each type of file" from the search results.
Wait until Windows has populated the list of file types.
Scroll down to the .pdf extension.
Select Adobe Acrobat Reader as default.
Best wishes,
Hans

Slim
StarLounger

Re: Printing a PDF file in Windows Live Mail

Post by Slim »

Dear Hans,
I followed your directions and was apparently successful in getting Acrobat Reader as the default for PDF files. I then selected an Owners Manual for an Airgun and tried printing it out.
The manual used two columns per page, each column being half a page wide. The print was so small it was not readable. I was unsuccessful trying to get half a page enlarged to fill the width of a standard sheet of paper. I'll try again tomorrow.
Thanks so much for your help and guidance.
Best always,
Slim