(Solved) Duplicate Printer Listings

CraigS26
2StarLounger

(Solved) Duplicate Printer Listings

Post by CraigS26 »

EDIT: See P.S. at last post for Fix.
Sep 1903-64 WU KB 4522016 and KB 4517211 are breaking the Print Spool Svc for some (MS ack'd this fact for 4522016) and after Uninstalling 4522016 to get Print Back I discovered I have Duplicate Printer Listings in Control panel and Settings. THIS surely is from a 7/11 HP Sppt Asst App having me Update Printer Software+ Drivers and install as though I were installing the new Printer for the 1st time.

In Con panel the Chk'd Printer Icon Properties is Blank and the Un-chk'd one is full of data and "Working Properly".
The 2nd Settings (Default) Printer entry shows Not Connected.
With a new Macrium Image I Deleted the Settings Not Connected listing, the Chk'd Con panel Icon disappeared, and so did PRINT capability.
An attempt at Add a Printer while selecting the v4 Driver from a drop-dn list failed, and HP Sppt (india) gave up too / said from EventViewer Warning Triangles I had a Wi-Fi Infection and he could delete my ESET Security and install AVG and a Cisco FW and get me going. I ended the call.
I restored PRINT & duplicate Printer Listings with a 6 a.m. Image Restore.

Since I CAN Print should I leave as is until a problem forces me to deal with this?
Many Thanks for any thoughts!
POST 1.jpg
POST 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CraigS26 on 03 Oct 2019, 14:07, edited 2 times in total.
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8

HansV
Administrator

Re: Duplicate Printer Listings

Post by HansV »

If you can print again, I'd leave it until Microsoft has cleaned up its act...
Best wishes,
Hans

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Re: Duplicate Printer Listings

Post by CraigS26 »

Thanks, Hans, will do.

P.S. Called HP Sppt about another issue and the guy fixed the Duplicate Printer Entries in 2 minutes.
The first Tech Sppt guy did Not Delete the remaining Printer Icon in Control Panel and THAT was the key.
Starting with No icons apparently produced the Install Wizard and that was it.
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8