Office 2007 add-on to convert to PDF

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Office 2007 add-on to convert to PDF

Post by BobArch2 »

My neighbor has Office 2007 Ultimate. He had a recent need, while in Word 2007, to save a Word document in PDF format. He turned to me for help.

It seems that Office 2007 did not come with the ability to create PDF (or XPS) files but released an add-on to perform this function in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Unfortunately, that add-on is no longer available from MS.

I did find this and downloaded the file SaveAsPDFandXPF.exe. I have scanned the file with ESET and no alarms were raised.

My questions are: 1) does anyone have experience or advice about downloading and installing files from FileHippo? and 2) any other options?

I recall many years ago using an app called CutePDFWriter (which appears to be still available) but not sure about its ability.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: Office 2007 add-on to convert to PDF

Post by HansV »

The initial releases of Office 2007 didn't include Save to PDF, but this feature was built into a service pack. From then on, the add-on wasn't needed any more. So your neighbor should check first if it's possible to update his Office 2007 installation through Windows Update.

If that fails: as far as I know, the download from FileHippo is the official Microsoft add-in; it should be OK.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:The initial releases of Office 2007 didn't include Save to PDF, but this feature was built into a service pack. From then on, the add-on wasn't needed any more. So your neighbor should check first if it's possible to update his Office 2007 installation through Windows Update.

If that fails: as far as I know, the download from FileHippo is the official Microsoft add-in; it should be OK.
Thanks for the information Hans. I know for a fact his Office 2007 application is current with all the service packs since I had those service packs in my archives and gave them to him in the past. I know he applied them. I will check with him to look for the "Save As" feature that you mentioned.

As for FileHippo, another thank-you. I will archive that file I downloaded in case it is ever needed.
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:The initial releases of Office 2007...
The neighbor has confirmed that the Save As feature is there ... so all is well! :thankyou:
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Great!
Best wishes,
Hans