Sign in

silverback
5StarLounger

Sign in

Post by silverback »

I'm not sure if this is an office or Windows 10 prob.

I have purchased Office 365 and all is, apparently, working well. However, recently when I open any Office product, I get a message at the head of the window saying,
"SIGN IN REQUIRED. Sign in as "************" to verify the account associated with your Office 365 subscription."

What does this mean? I don't have any problem using any Office product (as far as I can tell) so ….?
Which sign in is required?
Is it my Office 365 sign-in or my Microsoft sign-in?
And why do I have to sign in? I thought I'd done that when I purchased Office 365.
Thanks
Silverback

HansV
Administrator

Re: Sign in

Post by HansV »

You don't own Office 365, you rent it, so Microsoft has to verify that your subscription is valid. If you're not logged in, Microsoft cannot do that.
You should login to the email address shown in the message bar, with the password that you used for your Office 365 subscription.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Last thing I remember seeing is that you should login to Office 365 at least once a month to avoid having capabilities degraded.
Joe

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

OK - thanks both for your comments. But it turned out that I had to log in to my Microsoft account, not my Office 365 account. So I still don't understand why that was required.
Thanks
Silverback

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Office 365 requires a connection periodically to check that your subscription is still valid. I would surmise that you used your MSA to subscribe to Office 365.
Joe