Bubbles.ppt won't work in Powerpoint 2010

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Re: Bubbles.ppt won't work in Powerpoint 2010

Post by Diana van den Berg »

Thank you Kim and Hans for your replies. I am so confused and frustrated with all of this and have spent so much valuable time on it. I would really appreciate being able to sort this out.

Kim, I did what you said and apparently it wasn’t installed despite being listed as installed in Control Panel/Programs and Features.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it (and it went exactly as before) and yet it was inexplicably able to do what Hans said and delete the MISSING bit on Alt-F11/ Tools/ References.

See attachment for what shows on Control Panel/Flash Player 32-bit. Apparently PPAPI Plug-In Version is via my Google Chrome browser. Should I have installed it via Internet Explorer?

My laptop is 64-bit and that is what it told me as well, when I was downloading it, but didn’t give me an option to download a 64-bit version and didn’t say that the version I was downloading was 32-bit – could this be the problem? If so, I haven’t been able to find a 64-bit version – and no problem arises when I download this apparently 32-bit one. Surely there must be a 64-bit one.

Hans, could you give me the link you used, to download Bubbles.ppt please - perhaps the problem is that I am installing the wrong version and/or from the wrong link.

I have recently installed AVG (not the free version) via my service provider, on my "new" secondhand laptop. Could AVG settings be interfering with it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Ah - try installing Flash Player for Internet Explorer. Here is a direct link to the installer: Flash Player for Internet Explorer (ActiveX). This should install the ActiveX control that you need.
Best wishes,
Hans

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Thank you, Hans! I couldn't believe it wasn't working all that time, and now, lol, I can't believe that it IS working! :laugh:

Thank you, again! :chocciebar: :cheers: :smile: :thankyou:

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Phew!
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I've been following this thread and I have to just congratulate all who partook therein. It's certainly one where the law of perseverance proves its triumph! :thumbup:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Giggles, Hans! You never give up! You said you had, but you hadn't, lol! That is just 1 of the many, many stunning things about Eileen's Lounge! :clapping: :fanfare: :basket: :trophy:

PS Yes, Rudi - I have just seen your post - that's Eileen's Lounge - and you are sometimes the hero too! :grin: