IE size on opening

Roderunner
5StarLounger

IE size on opening

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks,
I am having trouble with IE (latest version) when I open it. What I want is, to get it to open in full screen mode. Then if I click one of the buttons in my image, I would like it to open in half size on the left of my screen. ( this is so I can have a txt file open along side so I can copy & paste info to the page I'm viewing) FF can do it but it has addon NoScript which cause trouble on certain pages.
-
At present, IE opens in various sizes none of them in full screen and in a different position occasionally.
-
Which image should show (A or B) when in full screen mode? At present FF shows (A) is this correct?
RR.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: IE size on opening

Post by Rudi »

Screenshot A will show if IE (or any other window) is maximized (full screen)

Another way to get it full screen is to double click on the title bar of the app, or just grab the title bar with the mouse and drag it up against the top edge of your screen. To get it to half the screen, grab the title bar and drag it to the left (or the right) edge of the screen. It will resize to exactly the half of your screen.

If the window is in restored state (screenshot B), you will be able to drag it around in your screen via the title bar. You can also resize the window borders by dragging the borders to make the window smaller/bigger. (You cannot do this while the window is maximized).
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Re: IE size on opening

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Rudi,
thanks for your speedy informative reply.
I was aware of how to get it full screen, by double clicking on the title bar of the app, or just grab the title bar with the mouse and drag it up against the top edge of your screen but omitted it to save time & space.
IE is now set as I want it. Problem Solved.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.