And Now...

viking33
PlatinumLounger

And Now...

Post by viking33 »

TBird 45.4 is available.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Re: And Now...

Post by HansV »

Thanks!
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

viking33 wrote:TBird 45.4 is available.
I used to use TBird until about 4 years ago, and dropped it when I dropped ny web-site hosted email and switched to Gmail.

Quick Question: Can I use Thunderbird to access and download my GMail so that I can work and archive stuff off line?

I used to use Mark Herring's 1stReader to process BBS mail packages, with automated upload of replies. I miss that ...

Cheers
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

I use Thunderbird on my Linux system and it works with my .orange, .gmail, and .yahoo accounts no problem at all. All it needs is your specific e-mail address and password for each account during the set up process. Once you have TB downloaded just select 'File - New - Get new mail account/existing mail account - Thunderbird does most of the work for you.
Regards,
Keith

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Quick Question: Can I use Thunderbird to access and download my GMail so that I can work and archive stuff off line?
Quick answer: yes.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
viking33 wrote:TBird 45.4 is available.
I used to use TBird until about 4 years ago, and dropped it when I dropped ny web-site hosted email and switched to Gmail.

I used to use Mark Herring's 1stReader to process BBS mail packages, with automated upload of replies. I miss that ...

Cheers
Chris
Yes
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

ChrisGreaves wrote:I used to use Mark Herring's 1stReader to process BBS mail packages, with automated upload of replies. I miss that ...
As do I !!! I was a beta tester for Sparky back in the late 80's early 90's.

Sparky wanted beta testers from different parts of the world and the need cropped up for a tester from the Toronto area. At the time I subscribed to Canada Remote Systems. There was no beta tester who used CRS at the time and Sparky jumped at my offer.

The downside with beta testing was the long distance charges from Pickering to Tennessee. I always logged into his site in the wee hours... and hid the monthly Bell bill from the better half! :grin:
Regards,
Bob

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Thanks aekyall and PaulB.
I'll have a shot at setting it up early next week.
Cheers
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace