Anyone know how to use 'Moments' on a PC?

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Anyone know how to use 'Moments' on a PC?

Post by Peter Kinross »

OK Facebook have released 'Moments' for pic sharing. But as far as I can see it can only be used on iOS or Android gear. Pretty crazy as the only thing I access Facebook on is my PC - ergo, no 'Moments'.
Clues anyone?
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

HansV
Administrator

Re: Anyone know how to use 'Moments' on a PC?

Post by HansV »

You could install an Android emulator on your PC, and run Moments on that, but I doubt it's worth the hassle.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Peter Kinross wrote:...as far as I can see it can only be used on iOS or Android...
That's because it seems to be the successor to a mobile app for syncing photos:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3014589/ ... s-app.html

Ken

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

Emulator, yep way too much hassle.
But isn't it strange that maybe the most popular way of viewing FaceBook, - on a PC - (being an old fart, I'm probably wrong there) can't use such a basic service. Someone apparently didn't think that one through.
Also, using an Android emulator would probably mean I would have to view FB in the emulator as well. Sort of defeats the purpose of having far better viewing using my PC.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Peter Kinross wrote:...maybe the most popular way of viewing FaceBook, - on a PC - (being an old fart, I'm probably wrong there)...
I have no statistics to support me but I'll be very surprised if accessing FB via a PC was anything more than a distant second in the 'most popular way of viewing FB' list. My observations are that the FB mobile app is where it's at now.

Also,as I said previously, Moments is not actually anything that new, it supersedes a previous mobile only app that's been around for a long time, an old app that never had a PC equiv so why should FB develop a PC version now?

Ken