A niggling prompt!

aekyall
4StarLounger

A niggling prompt!

Post by aekyall »

Windows 10 x64: Over the past 2/3 days whenever I open WLM (automatic sign-in) I get this prompt:
Capture.GIF
If I click OK and then sign in, all that happens is that the prompt reappears! - and continues to do so until I click the X in the top right-hand corner (it then goes away until the next time I open WLM).
Is there any way to make this go away? It's not a big deal but it is an annoyance! :hairout: Am I alone with this issue?
Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Re: A niggling prompt!

Post by HansV »

Try this:
- In WLM (once you're in),while viewing the message list, press Ctrl+Shift+O to open the Options dialog.
- Activate the Connection tab.
- Click 'Stop Signing In'.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

By the way, the e-mail notification of my previous reply was returned as undeliverable. Has your e-mail address changed? If so, please update your account settings.
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Thanks Hans. No, I haven't changed my e-mail address but I do now have a bigger problem! I've found that I cannot send out any e-mail via WLM - when I try I get the following error message:
Capture1.GIF
I don't believe it is a server rejection error as I've been on my ISP mail service and can send mail using my e-mail address. What I did was send an e-mail to my usual address, my gmail address and my live address. You'll see from the attachment below that it indicates that the 'live' mailbox isn't available.
Capture2.GIF
I suspect that this has something to do with the niggling prompt I've been receiving and that there is something wrong (?) with my WLM. Is there any way of doing a 'repair' or something?

I'll keep checking Eileen's lounge for a response as I'm obviously not going to get any e-mails other than by logging on to my ISP mail service.
Regards,

Edit to add an update: I've solved the niggling prompt issue by telling the prompt I'd forgotten my password! - went through all the necessary rigmarole and successfully changed my password - logged in with it and I don't see the prompt now. However, I still cannot send mail so WLM is obviously still broke!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The error in the second screenshot suggests that there is a problem with the live.co.uk server(s). The message "mailbox unavailable" is not dependent on your Windows Live Mail functioning properly.
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Thanks Hans. I'll sit tight and see if anything changes over the next few hours! Perhaps it's not just my problem! :smile:
Regards,
Keith

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Seems I didn't have to wait long! I appear to be back up and running with WLM! Just received an e-mail from a colleague, did a reply to it and it went, so composed a test message to myself and it also went! Your comment re it probably being a .live.co.uk server problem looks to have been spot on! :chocciebar: - I'll now spend the rest of the day biting my nails worrying if it's going to happen again!! :innocent:

Incidentally; whilst kicking my heels, I did a 'repair' to Windows Essentials (2012) which, I think, includes WLM (Control panel - add/remove progs) but it didn't resolve the problem, thus reinforcing your comment!

Many thanks,
Regards,

Edit: just to prove the point, all my test messages sent via my ISP mail program have just turned up in my WLM in box!!!
Regards,
Keith