Saving MMS Pics and Moving to PC

BobH
UraniumLounger

Saving MMS Pics and Moving to PC

Post by BobH »

[If this is the wrong board, please move it where it should have been posted.]

Darling Daughter often sends me pics she's snapped with here iPhone in text (MMS) messages. I capture them to my photos on my iPhone, but they do not transfer to the PC when I import pictures from the iPhone. It's as if the PC import function doesn't 'see' them, but they appear in my photos on the phone with other pics that the PC does import.

I've searched and found information only about how to save pics out of text messages (which I know how to do). There was no mention of how to get them to the PC.

Anyone?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Re: Saving MMS Pics and Moving to PC

Post by Jay Freedman »

How about setting up a Dropbox account, uploading the pics from the iPhone, and downloading them to the PC? I do that frequently from my Android phone.

Another method that works with Android and might work with the iPhone is to use the USB cable and view the phone's storage as an external drive. You should be able to copy/paste the picture files.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Jay!

I had a hard time getting the Dropbox option to work. I finally realized that it might be turned off in Settings. It was. Turned it on and all is well now.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

:clapping: