How can I synch msn mailbox in Windows Live Mail

jaystarter
3StarLounger

How can I synch msn mailbox in Windows Live Mail

Post by jaystarter »

I have been happily using Windows Live Mail on W7 desktop for some time for (3) @msn.com, (1) @hotmail.com, (1) @btinternet.com mail accounts. Since Wednesday 1 of the @msn.com accounts just wont connect. All the other accounts do (including the other 2 @msn.com). The message is:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Msn (xxxxxxxx) account.
Server Error: 0x800488EB
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSyn ... /Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800488EB

I also have a laptop with W8.1 using Windows Live Mail for the same accounts and they all connect.
I tried a system restore but the restore failed on several past restore points so then ....
I have googled for suggestions and tried: checking all the settings
removed account and recreated it
changed password
repaired Live essentials from control panel programmes and features
uninstalled and downloaded and installed Live Mail again

It finds all the accounts again but the one account I want shows the inbox with the message
"Windows live mail is synchronising this account Check again in a few minutes to read your messages"

But it doesn't! If I go to outlook.com the account is working there, and it synchs with my android phone also.

I'd rather keep with Live Mail and dont want to switch to another mail client such as Thunderbird but this is so frustrating. Any ideas please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: How can I synch msn mailbox in Windows Live Mail

Post by Rudi »

See this thread: Synchronization error 0x800488EB

The insert below is the very last post on pg 26 from a long survey done on the answers.microsoft.com forum with respect to this issue...

¡Firedog replied on October 31, 2014

MVP Community Moderator Wiki Author MCC: Content Creator MCC: Content Curator Conversationalist Most Recommended Discussion
Friday 31 October 2014, 12:38 GMT

@Everyone
The error you're currently seeing, 0x800488EB, is a server error. It shows that there is a fault with establishing the secure channel through which traffic between the client Windows Live Mail and the server mail.services.live.com should pass. It most probably means that the SSL certificate used to identify the server is invalid for one reason or another. There is nothing you can do about it: the system administrators will have to renew or otherwise mend the certificate. Until they do, you should use webmail to access your account.

One workaround is to change the date on your computer clock, back to a date before the certificate was invalidated. 15 October should do. You should then be able to synchronize the account again, then change the date back to the current date. The workaround should remain in force until you sign out or close Windows Live Mail. After that, you'll have to screw the clock back again.

Some people at Microsoft are aware of the problem and may be working on a solution. This will happen at the earliest when Redmond wakes up on Friday, in a couple of hours' time from now.

Please ignore any hoops you may see it suggested that you jump through like reconfiguring, removing and re-adding the account, repairing the Windows (Live) Essentials installation, uninstalling and re-installing Windows Live Mail, re-installing Internet Explorer and all sorts of other fanciful remedies that won't help. Luckily, most of them won't hurt much.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

RIDICULOUS! STUPID! DAFT!........Thank you Rudi....I've just changed the date back to early October and low and behold....it connects.

OK Microsoft, you've lost me now, I will think about changing to G mail or something.

Thanks again Rudi.
Jeff

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

Oh! and just to prove it, changed back to the correct todays date and it wont
Jeff

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Though this issue is an inconvenience for you, it's great to take solace in the fact that the err is on the other side of the PC screen... :laugh:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.