CSS help needed

Abraxus
3StarLounger

CSS help needed

Post by Abraxus »

I used the Wordpress Theme Generator (http://www.yvoschaap.com/wpthemegen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to generate a basic theme for, you guessed it, Wordpress.

I specified a 3rd column.

I modified the index.php file to have different categories in each of the first 2 columns. It worked as I am expecting it to...

My only remaining problem is that the 2 columns of posts are different widths and I can't figure out the way to fix it.

I'm nowhere near a css expert. Anyone able to assist? I've attached the theme in a .zip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morgan

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Re: CSS help needed

Post by MalcolmWalker »

In the CSS file, style.css, the only reference to width I can find is for the calendar where the width is set to 90%:

#wp-calendar {
empty-cells: show;
font-size: 90%;
margin: 0;
width: 90%;
padding: 3px;
}

I've looked at the source code of the page for which you provided an URL and in the HTML tags I am unable to see how the column widths are set. There are many uses of `width' with small numbers such as 17 px, in Javascript at 100% and elsewhere. I would hope that someone more used to reading source code than me may be able to help.

Incidentally in W3C Validation there are 33 errors and 3 warnings for this page. One of these is that the code used is obsolete which isn't surprising given that creation of the generator was in 2007 and it is no longer supported.

Sight of your published blog might be helpful. Please post the URL.