Sign in Question

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Sign in Question

Post by Ted Myers »

I have always used a Gmail account as my Microsoft Account to set up my PC, using the same password on both laptops. I also use that Gmail account as my Email address, with a different password. Everything worked perfectly. I then set up recovery using another Email address. I then added my phone. I added Windows Hello and use the same PIN. I also have Google Authenticator.
Now for the tricky part. I have 2 Microsoft Accounts with diferent passwords, neither of them worked when trying to fix my Account on Laptop 1. Followed instructions to change my password successfully.
On logging on to Laptop 2 nothing was wrong and everything working. Any suggestions?
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

Mico
NewLounger

Re: Sign in Question

Post by Mico »

If you're unable to log in to Laptop 1 with your current password, you can try resetting your Microsoft account password.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Do you mean you used different Gmail accounts on each PC? Why were you trying to fix the account if it was all working? Why do you have two different Microsoft accounts?
Joe

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Hi Joe, I use the same Gmail account and password on each pc. I got the message on my ASUS1 laptop, account needed attention. I had 2 passwords as Microsoft Accounts, neither worked, so I clicked forgot password. I now have a new Passkey added to my account. Nothing has needed attention on ASUS 2 laptop.
As to why I have two different Microsoft accounts is unknown.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

So, all is working OK now?
Joe

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

To a point only Joe, my 2 Microsoft accounts started as just having passwords, upped to a second email, then a phone number, then an Authenticator App and finally a Passkey. All to ensure its me.