Windows 11 ver. 23H2 - Cumulative Update Preview

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Windows 11 ver. 23H2 - Cumulative Update Preview

Post by hlewton »

As can be seen in the first attachment I am running Windows 11 version 23H2. In the second attachment, Windows Update says I am up to date yet there is a Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 version 23H2. It does not automatically install and I am not sure what it is. What is it a PREVIEW of since I already am running version 23H2?

I read this information about it, Highlights
This update addresses an issue that stops search from working on the Start menu for some users. The issue occurs because of a deadlock.

This update addresses an issue to make video calls more reliable.

This update addresses an issue that causes your device to stop responding. This is intermittent and occurs after you install a print support app.

This update addresses an issue that makes the troubleshooting process fail. This occurs when you use the Get Help app.

This update addresses an issue that affects the File Explorer Gallery. It stops you from closing a tooltip.

This update addresses an issue that affects Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) Audio earbuds. They lose sound when you stream music.

This update addresses an issue that affects a Bluetooth phone call. It stops the audio from routing through the PC when you answer the call on your PC.
Why wouldn't it automatically install as other Windows updates do?
Version.jpg
Cumulative.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows 11 ver. 23H2 - Cumulative Update Preview

Post by HansV »

The cumulative update previews are "beta" versions of the regular monthly updates.
The regular updates are released on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, and these "beta" updates are released in the 3rd or 4th week of the previous month. They are not required, hence they aren't installed automatically.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can click "Download and install".
Otherwise, simply ignore it. The fixes in the preview will automatically be installed with the next regular cumulative update.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thank you. I'm not adventurous since I'm fairly sure I'd experience problems. I'll wait. :cheers:
Regards,
hlewton

Mico
NewLounger

Post by Mico »

Oww. Thanks! I'll probably wait too. It's not too much till next week