hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Windows 11 ver. 23H2

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 14:26
hlewton wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 13:09
Sorry, but I am not at all sure what you're saying.
Wot Leif said :grin:

However, dare I suggest that as you didn't understand what I thought was a simple hint about how to get started then perhaps it might be safer for you to either wait for this upgrade to happen automatically or if you are really can't wait, take the machine to your PC guy and get him to do the upgrade for you.

Ken
Well I understood Leif's link well enough to try it. However, I had thought about my computer guy but he lives over an hour away. He can remote in if I need him though, but I usually use that as a last resort. Still it is an option.

By-the-way, I probably am dense, but I didn't get your simple hint.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Using option 3, I downloaded Windows 11 23H2. Please see the first attachment. I then Right clicked it looking for the "Mount" option and I don't have that option. Please see the second attachment. Since I don't seem to have the "Mount" option, what do I need to do to install this ISO and keep all my files, folders, and apps?
ISO1.jpg
ISO.jpg
I couldn't get the entire Right click options to show but the two at the top are "Open with WinZip," and "Print File List."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

See How to Mount Windows 11 ISO and How to Unmount? See Ways Here! - MiniTool - there is a section entitled "Windows 11 Mount ISO Missing/Not Working"
Leif

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Leif wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 10:51
See How to Mount Windows 11 ISO and How to Unmount? See Ways Here! - MiniTool - there is a section entitled "Windows 11 Mount ISO Missing/Not Working"
Thank you very much, I will look into it now.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I am definitely saving the link above for future references but for now, I will not have to use it. I gave up when I could not find the "Mount" command and called my computer builder. When he was convinced I didn't have "Mount" as as option, he had me use option 2 from the link above that takes you to MS's site for updating to Win 11 ver. 23H2. That option, again surprised him since it didn't offer to download the ISO file to the computer. So, he had me place it on an USB stick and we ran the setup from there. It installed and kept all my files and folders. Of course, the installation was not without problems, which I have seen and dealt with before. After redoing permissions and repairing Microsoft 365, it seems to be working fine now and it is updated to Ver. 23H2.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

FWIW, you may not be able to mount an ISO because you have the .ISO file extension associated with Leawo Blu-ray player software. That software may have taken over ISOs completely. Third-party software can make almost any kind of change to the context menu that it wants since you permit it to modify your system.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 20:17
FWIW, you may not be able to mount an ISO because you have the .ISO file extension associated with Leawo Blu-ray player software. That software may have taken over ISOs completely. Third-party software can make almost any kind of change to the context menu that it wants since you permit it to modify your system.
Thank you. I will try to check that out.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 20:17
I have checked under Control Panel's Default Programs and do not find Leawo Blu-ray player or even Blu-Ray player at all. I do have Leawo Blu-Ray Player but it doesn't appear in the Default Program's list so I can't check it for an association with an ISO file.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Go to Settings | Apps | Default apps. At the top type ISO in the search box where it says "Enter a file type or link type". That should show which program is associated with the ISO file type.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 23:42
Go to Settings | Apps | Default apps. At the top type ISO in the search box where it says "Enter a file type or link type". That should show which program is associated with the ISO file type.
I already did that and it shows nothing. To be sure I just did it again and still nothing appears. Please see attachment.
searchiso.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Try typing .iso (with a point/dot/period before iso) in the box.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 12:53
Try typing .iso (with a point/dot/period before iso) in the box.
Yep, that showed Leawo Blu-Ray Player like Joe said it would.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Click the icon on the right hand side:

S2479.png

This should let you assign a different application to the .iso file type.
If Windows Explorer is available, select that as default app.
After that, Mount should be available in the context menu of .iso files.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 21:14
Click the icon on the right hand side:

S2479.png

This should let you assign a different application to the .iso file type.
If Windows Explorer is available, select that as default app.
After that, Mount should be available in the context menu of .iso files.
Thank you, I did that on all my machines.
Regards,
hlewton