Zoom app. Safe to use?

curious
3StarLounger

Zoom app. Safe to use?

Post by curious »

Brand new to Win 11. I downloaded Zoom but in App page it was recommended to delete it. Is this current info, do I download it again? Thank you.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Zoom app. Safe to use?

Post by HansV »

Zoom is safe to use for everyday purposes. I wouldn't use it to discuss the nuclear codes or something like that, but that goes for all such applications.
Best wishes,
Hans

curious
3StarLounger

Post by curious »

Thank you, Hans. I asked because it was Windows 11 that had that 'recommendation'
'

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't know, but perhaps Microsoft would prefer you to use their own video conferencing app Teams...
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

My :2cents: ...

For the last two years of my working life I 'lived' in MS Teams. It worked well for me and the rest of our team but it was fully managed by our corporate IT people.

At home, I have tried to use the free version of MS Teams but without much success. I could send Chat messages to people using MS Teams but we couldn't do video calls. In contrast, I can use Skype to reach the same people on MS Teams and do video calls without problem.

As for Zoom, I used that to video call my 89 year old mother when I couldn't visit her because the care home she was in COVID locked down. I used Zoom because having set up a meeting, Mum received a link in an email and one click on that and everything just worked, i.e. painlessly simple for an 89 year old to use.

Ken