Running Belarc In Windows 11

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Running Belarc In Windows 11

Post by hlewton »

I use a program called Belarc to get a record of my computer's information in case I need to know something in the future. I have hard copy of that information. Please see the first attachment. The information in it is from me running winver. As you can see it is Windows 11 Pro.

In the second attachment is from running Belarc. The information there says I am running with an operating system of Windows 10 professional. I'm sorry the second attachment is so small. I tried to resize it but it made it worse.

Anyone else have this problem with Belarc?
Win11.jpg
Belarc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Running Belarc In Windows 11

Post by HansV »

Your version of Belarc Advisor is out-of-date. You have version 9.0, the current one is 11.4.

S1418.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
08 May 2022, 14:32
Your version of Belarc Advisor is out-of-date. You have version 9.0, the current one is 11.4.

S1418.png
Thank you. I will look for that.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The best place to get it is from the developer: Belarc Advisor Download, but they require that you send them your name and email address.
I got it from MajorGeeks
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks again. I got it installed and now it shows Windows 11.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

In Belarc Advisor after running it, it appears in color as it has in the past. When I print it, it only prints in Black and White and has the words Personal Home Use. The words don't bother me as much as it not printing in color. Is thre a reason the report no longer prints in color?

More importantly on both my Windows 11 machines it shows that there are security updates missing. Please see attachment. I have not found a way to install these updates. If I click in the link saying Microsoft security update (KB#) It takes me to a page you can see in the second attachment. If I click on the link you see in the second attachment http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-se ... 5.aspxSkip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:" it always takes me to a page you can see in the third attachment. If I go to the Windows Update site and check for updates it does not find and install them. When I search for the specific KB number I can't seem to get anything useful there either.

How should I go about installing these security updates?
Belarc.jpg
Belarc1.jpg
Belarc2.jpg
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'd ignore it, it's probably a false positive.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 20:31
I'd ignore it, it's probably a false positive.
OK, thanks.
Regards,
hlewton